Feeling those back to school blues?
If not, are you more ready than ever to get off your couch and back into a classroom? Either way, these back to school memes are guaranteed to illuminate your spirit and make you laugh out loud! (Or you’ll just mutter a soft “relatable” under your breath as you keep your mouth shut in a firm and unwavering frown.)
1. When back to school supplies are on display way too early.
I’m sure you too have wondered about the sudden and early onset of back to school supplies at one point. Why do they have to be on display so early?!
2. When you feel it all around you.
Sometimes you have to get creative with your methods of prevention. Back to school is in the air:
3. When you are genuinely excited to get back to school.
If you’re looking forward to getting back, this meme is definitely for you. Hopefully, your first day back will leave you feeling like you ‘crushed it!’
4. When a meme about spring break also applies to Coronavirus quarantine.
We’re all thinking it — going back to actual physical school is going to be pretty weird. Seeing the four white walls of the classroom again rather than the four walls of your bedroom will truly be a sight to behold.
5. When you stumble across an unfortunate reminder.
Summer turns into winter and happiness is fleeting– no, this is not an overreaction to a normal annual life event. Expiration dates are warnings we all must heed.
6. The one where you’re just not ready to let go of summer vacation yet.
Sometimes you hang on for as long as you can, but no matter what you do, you can’t stop the cruel and relentless passage of time. This is a feeling both teachers and students can relate to.
7. When the thought of leaving summer vacation behind fills you with genuine despair.
Enjoy this accurate representation of your real-life emotions the night before you have to return to school.
8. When you’re not ready for the mountain of homework assignments and the hours of studying.
Going back to school means once again turning on your brain. It means writing detailed research papers and taking hour-long math tests. Even though Rex’s head is being used in a different way than you will use your head, the feeling may be the same. School is impending, homework is neverending.
9. When you try to start off the year on a good note.
It’s always a good idea to begin the new school year with goals. Unfortunately, even the best-laid plans go awry.
10. When you don’t get a full eight hours the night before.
Have you ever experienced staying up to the wee hours of the night before your first day back to school? It happens to the best of us.
After a night without some serious shuteye you are almost guaranteed t0 wake up late. And waking up late means having no time to get ready. So, you make your way to school looking a little more frazzled than usual.
11. When teachers already see how this year will go.
The school year is long, people. It’s hard to maintain your zest for life after months of being overworked.
12. Another accurate representation of how this year will go.
I sense a strong theme going on here. I’m sure students can relate, too.
13. When they warned you not to be late, but you didn’t listen.
It’s a feeling we all know and love. It’s even better when it happens on your first day back to school.
14. When a single expression perfectly captures your mood and the entire spirit of quarantine 2020.
This back to school meme is specific to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It’s the one where ‘Harry Potter must not return.’ But don’t worry, Dobby would never kill Harry Potter; he’d only maim or seriously injure.
15. When your child isn’t ready to go back to school just yet.
I know we’re all thinking it — children are just the cutest, aren’t they?
16. When it’s your first day back to school and you are missing the essentials.
Imagine this scenario: you wake up on a day you have been fearing the whole summer and the dread creeps in as you realize something is missing. You make your way downstairs and discover the terrible, life-shattering truth: you are out of coffee.
Now, you are forced to endure your first day back to school without your favorite drink in hand and without the dose of caffeine you yearn for. Get ready for eye-twitching galore: it’s going to be a fun first day!
17. When you just graduated high school and suddenly you have flashbacks.
For many students, the abrupt end to the summer season and the impending school year bring about strong feelings of apprehension. Most post-grads never have to feel the sense of impending doom again. However, when August rolls around and back to school advertisements flood the screen once again, some residual feelings may spring up to haunt you.
18. When you discover the true importance of commas.
Meme or not, this is hilarious and great advice for any and all English speakers. It’s funny to think that commas have can have such a strong effect on the meaning of a sentence.
19. When you discover an article about back to school memes and it’s still way too early.
Well, this one’s on me. I’m sorry if you are seeing this way too soon, but hopefully some of these memes made you laugh?
20. And finally, the words of encouragement we all need to hear.
I wish you luck young students, hard-working teachers, and dedicated parents alike. Have a great school year!