Henna tattoos are amazing for people who don’t actually want a permanent tattoo forever. However are also good to use, as a test run, if you are unsure of your next permanent tattoo design; simply test out the design with henna and if you like it get it done permanently and if you don’t wait for it to fade and no harm is done. They’re are so many different designs out there, so check out this list of henna tattoo ideas that you’ll love definitely love!
Henna tattoos are made from a dye that is prepared from the plant Lawsonia Inermis also known as Hina. The leaves are dried and turned into powder which is then turned into a paste to dye hair and skin. For particular cultures henna is worn for weddings and other ceremonies, however it has also become a ‘cool’ trend amongst festival goers and brits on holiday. It originated in Egypt and has since spread to countries like Saudi Arabia and India.
The best bit about henna tattoos is they last between a week or two so once it has naturally faded you have a blank canvas and can start again.
Henna tattoos are usually beautiful intricate designs that involve patterns and flowers, but seeing as they work like paint you can have any design you want. Here are 15 henna tattoo ideas that are perfect for your next holiday.
1. I love this design because it is so pretty and floral
2. Hand designs are the way to go! Try this simple idea…
3. … or this intricate and detailed one…
4. … or cover your whole hand like this!
5. Forearm designs are always easy to cover if you return home from your holiday and the tattoo hasn’t faded yet.
6. Try this one out, it will look so cute with sandals or flip flops on the beach
7. Wearing a bikini? Try this body design on your upper thigh.
8. Want to see what a back tattoo will look like? Dare to be brave and cover your whole back.
9. If you and your holiday buddy want a matching memory why not share a temporary henna tattoo design. These are super cute!
10. This design is so dainty it could go anywhere. Shoulder? Wrist? You decide
11. Maybe you want a henna tattoo that means something to you. Try these out.
12. Or if you like having your legs out, you could get a lower leg henna tattoo.
13. Elephants are a really popular henna tattoo design, and a personal favourite of mine. These are stunning, especially if travelling Asia.
14. Another popular design is a mandala flower. Mandala is symbolic of the universe for Buddhism, so this henna tattoo will be cultural on your holiday.
15. Feeling courageous and patient? Try a palm henna tattoo. (You’ll have to wait for it to dry though)
You do need to be careful that the henna you buy and use is safe as while it may seem like a temporary tattoo is harmless fun, there are some potential risks involved. Educate yourself about those risks before letting yourself get a henna tattoo; whether it be done by yourself at home or whilst abroad. Research has shown that brown henna is a lot safer than black henna as black can often burn if used incorrectly, so do make sure you double check the packaging.
Top tip: do a 24 hour patch test to check for an allergic reaction when applying any ink to your skin. If irritation occurs quickly wipe off and do not sue the product.
So those were 15 henna tattoo ideas which are perfect for your next holiday, but of course there are millions of other designs. which design will you try on your next holiday.
Do you have any other henna tattoo ideas? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Current University Graduate, Hampshire UK