Let’s not lie the university lifestyle isn’t as great as the hype surrounding it. With the constant struggle of fighting against procrastination and staying awake we’ve all had that “is this really worth it?” moment, yet somehow we keep on going. Here is a list of 10 things UniSA students ask themselves (pretty much every week).
1. How many tutorials can I skip this week?
Is that not the sole purpose of the power-points being uploaded to learn-online early? Sometimes you just need to skip uni in order to catch up on uni.
2. Should I pay for parking or lunch?
Always choose lunch you’ll need something to get you through the day, plus the half hour walk to and from your car saves you from paying gym fees.
3. Do I really need to buy these textbooks?
If you want to be able to afford anything else for the year I would strongly suggest giving them a miss.
4. Wait, what is my tutor’s name again?
The course pages are hard enough to understand as it is, let’s not even talk about finding contact details.
5. Will anyone notice I’ve worn the same outfit two days in a row?
Seriously though why would anyone give up extra sleep to plan for a new outfit, I’d rather rock up in pajamas.
6. Do I really need to complete all these e-readings?
The answer is always no, everything is in the lecture slides anyway.
7. How do I get to class again?
Would it kill them to have the A, B and C buildings separate from each other?
8. Will my tutor know my sources aren’t peer-reviewed?
It’s the hardest part of any assignment, well that and trying to figure out how to reference them.
9. Will people judge me for drinking at uni?
I mean why else would they have alcohol available at Aroma Cafe; sometimes drinking is the only solution.
10. Should I have given myself more time for this assignment?
Let’s be honest, having a breakdown after realising you haven’t started the assignment due tomorrow is basically a weekly ritual.