With the 2016 presidential race well under way, it’s important you know about each one of the presidential election. Here’s a cheat sheet to do just that!
Hillary Rodham Clinton
October 26, 1947 (68 years)
Bill Clinton (1975 – Present)
Wellesley College, Yale Law School
Congressional Legal Counsel, First female Senator for state of New York, Secretary of State in the Obama Administration (January 2009 – February 2013)
1. Equal pay for women.
2. Making Public College debt free.
3. Banning certain assault weapons.
1. Going to war with ISIS.
2. Taxing the middle class.
3. Drilling for oil in the Arctic.
September 8, 1941 (age 74)
Brooklyn, New York
Deborah Shilling (1964 -1966), Jane O’Meara Sanders (1988 – Present)
Brooklyn College, University of Chicago
Mayor of Burlington, Senator of Vermont
1. Breaking up big banks.
2. Universal health care.
3. Offering better paths to citizenship.
1. Tax breaks for the rich.
2. No Child Left Behind Bill.
3. Interest rates on student loans.
December 22, 1970 (age 45)
Heidi Nelson Cruz
Catherine Christiane Cruz, Caroline Camille Cruz
Princeton University, Harvard Law School
Lawyer, Junior US Senator of Texas
1. Legal Immigration.
2. “Boots on the ground” in Syria.
3. Limited government.
1. Abortion and same sex marriage.
2. Gun control.
3. Obama Care.
Donald John Trump
June 14, 1946 (age 69)
Queens, New York
Ivana Zelnickova (1977 – 1991), Marla Maples (1993 – 1999), Melania Knauss Trump (2005 – Present)
Donald Trump, Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, Tiffany Trump, Barron Trump
Fordham University, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton School of Business
Owner of several casinos and golf courses, Chairman and President of The Trump Organization, Host of The Apprentice
1. Keeping Muslims from entering the United States temporarily.
2. Cutting education funding.
3. Less government regulation.
1. Raising the minimum wage.
2. Gun control.
3. Gay marriage.
May 13, 1952 (age 63)
McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Mary Lee Griffith (1975 – 1980)
Karen Waldbillig Kasich (1997 – Present)
Emma Kasich, Reese Kasich
Ohio State University
Governor of Ohio, Member of Ohio Senate
1. Increasing funding to poor school districts.
2. United States ground troops to combat ISIS.
3. US Drone Program.
1. Regulation of carbon emissions.
2. Obama Care.
What are your thoughts on this year’s presidential election? Who are you voting for in this year’s presidential election? Comment below and share this article with friends!
Featured image source: about.flipboard.com, cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com
Government and Politics major. With a Little Help from My Friends.