Ladies, at one point or another in our lives, we have experienced being in a situationship. So what is a situationship? A situationship is when you are dealing with a guy, giving him all the benefits of being an actual relationship but, you two aren’t actually in one… a.k.a. no commitment… a.k.a. he is technically free to do whatever the fuck he wants. Now, guys can be in situationships too, but let’s keep it real, the chances of them being taking advantage of in a situationship versus us women, are incredibly low.
Some of you may be wondering exactly how you can tell you have been or are currently in a sitatutionship vs an actual relationship. Well, here are few key signs to help you decipher ….
- The only time he hits you up is when he wants to chill with you.
- He takes his sweet time to reply to your texts or doesn’t reply at all. Yet he’s active on social media.
- You are always the one to initiate thus said texts/conversations.
- He never offers to take you out.
- You guys mostly only have sex when you are together.
- He constantly has excuses for why you guys can’t be in an actual relationship “right now’.
These are just a few different ways to tell that you are, in fact, in a situationship which in-turn means you are, without question, WASTING YOUR TIME! The only winner in a situationship is the guy because he gets everything he desires and wants from you without having to claim you and show any type of reciprocity.
Now, let’s look at a few different signs that constitute being in an actual relationship ….
- He values you, your time and love.
- He is fully committed to you and has no problem showing it.
- He replies to your texts and initiates texts himself.
- He shows you reciprocity because he loves and cares for you.
- He plans dates for you two to enjoy each other’s company.
- He wants to build and grow with you.
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that basically, a situationship is the complete opposite of an actual relationship.
I myself have been in a situationship and let me tell you, it is the most tortuous thing you can do to yourself! You are willingly letting someone take and take and take from you, without fulfilling and meeting any of your own desires, wants and needs.
So, if you find that you are indeed in a situationship, and you know you desire to be in an actual relationship, then END THE SITUATIONSHIP NOW!
You can thank me later.
Have any more questions about “what is a situationship?” Leave them in the comments below!
Kennisha is currently studying at Southern New Hampshire University to obtain her bachelors in Creative Writing. She is an avid lover of art and poetry. Her favorite word is "create" because she feels the word "represents the endless possibilities and marvelous creations the mind can conjure".