Stuck for new things to do in Coventry? Spruce up your calendar with this list of activities you need to do in (and out!) of the city.
1. Visit the Cathedral and ascend the spire.
See Coventry from a whole new perspective, 100 steps from the ground. Reaching an impressive 295ft, the spire offers a different take on a typical cathedral visit.
2. Channel your inner kangaroo at the RedKangaroo Trampoline Park.
100 trampolines, gladiator beams, foam pits, tower jumps, a wipeout zone and even ninja courses. Can’t imagine fitting that all into an hour session? Choose a Happy Hour slot between 4-6PM, Monday to Thursday. You’ll get a two-hour discounted bounce with a free slush for just £7.95.
3. Host a BBQ at Coombe Abbey Park.
Take a bus up or drive and park for only a few pounds. Pick a spot, light the flames and break out the BBQ selection. Follow with a stroll through the grounds to work off all the meat you just devoured.
4. Go for a spontaneous trip to Creams.
Sundaes, waffles, crepes. You’ll be bound to find something you’ll like on this taste bud tingling menu.
5. Check out the newly refurbished Kasbah later this month.
Featuring all new décor, intoxication never seemed so fancy.
6. Bar crawl in all the Wetherspoons.
You’ve got the Earl of Mercia, The Flying Standard, and Spon Gate. After a pitcher or two at all three, you’ll be ready to hit up JJs. Or make it home and pass out on the sofa.
7. An afternoon ice skating at the SkyDome Arena.
With prices starting for £6.80 on the day, you’ll kill a few hours in the rink and have a go at trying to attempt tricks without falling on your face.
8. Catch an event at the Ricoh Arena.
Cheer for your very own Wasps, attend an 80s concert or browse an exhibition. Grab some grub at Pizza Hut on the retail park on the way out too!
9. Browse the artistic corner of Coventry known as the FarGo village.
Cute dog accessories, geeky merch, the chance to drink and snuggle up with a book. All these things are possible to see and do in the FarGo Village.
10. Right around the corner, get a few friends together for an hour of Escape Live Coventry.
Nestled at the side entrance to Fargo lies Escape Live. Can you figure out the puzzle before time runs out?
11. Feeling lucky? Score the highest in a match of Laser Tag.
You’ll keep the score card with pride after you annihilate the eleven-year-olds on the other team.
12. Watch a show at the Belgrade Theatre.
I would highly recommend catching Cinderella at Christmas. Entertaining for kids and adults alike!
13. If the time’s right, tally up for a game of golf.
There’s an option to take part in a shorter 9-hole game, or the full 18. Be careful not to lose your ball in the long grass though!
14. Why not catch some acts while you’re there? Take in the sounds of the Godiva Festival.
Typically running in July, the Godiva Festival has been running strong for 20 years and boasts itself as the largest free festival in the UK.
15. Hide and Seek in IKEA.
It’s all fun and games until you get caught. Dare to take the risk?
If you’ve ticked all of those off your list, it’s time to head further afield. Here are five more things to check off for the Midlands.
16. Take a trip to see Warwick Castle.
Who doesn’t want to see a castle in Coventry?
17. Pet some goats at Twycross Zoo.
18. A family fun day out at Drayton Manor Theme Park.
For even bigger thrills, an extra hour brings you to Alton Towers Theme Park.
19. Float down the river in Stratford-upon-Avon.
20. Not keen on water?
Get up and close with butterflies at the Butterfly Farm.