Liverpool is a city that has been around for several centuries. It mixes new and old like no other and has the most listed buildings outside of London! However, as with any city, trying to plan what to do when you visit can be daunting, and that’s why I’ve put together the Ultimate Liverpool Bucket List for all of you who plan to visit this wonderful city one day!
Have a Drink or Two at The Florist
- The Florist is a bar/restaurant that has been popular since its launch a few months ago. Located on Hardman Street, it is situated in a Grade II listed building and its main theme is – you guessed it – flowers! From the Insta-worthy décor to the fragrant cocktails and decadent food available, this place has everything you could want for drinks with the girls, including a flower wall perfect for your feed. Ready, set, gram!
Invigorate Your Senses at The Baltic Triangle
- Ah, The Baltic Triangle. What used to be a collection of abandoned warehouses has turned into a thriving creative space. During the day you can pick up a bite to eat or a drink to sip at as you wander around the Baltic Market. In the evening you can head to one of the many bars and venues scattered around the Triangle, including the industrial Camp and Furnace or the themed Peaky Blinders Bar based after the hit namesake television show. Whatever you’re after, the Baltic Triangle’s diversity in venues means there’s something for everyone. Check out this Liverpool bucket list must-see!
Take a Ferry Across the Mersey
- Become the real-life version of the Gerry and the Pacemakers song and take a smooth trip over the Mersey to see some of Liverpool’s most breath-taking waterfront views. Catch a glimpse of the Three Graces from afar, revel in the fresh air you’re intaking, and escape the hubbub of the city!
Gaze Up at the Three Graces:
- The Three Graces are made up of the Royal Liver Building, the Cunard Building, and the Port of Liverpool Building. All three of them are listed and have stood for over a century on Liverpool’s Waterfront proudly representing their city. The Royal Liver Building in particular is noticeable for the two Liver birds that perch on its top, as they are the symbol of Liverpool and are always looking out onto the River Mersey and the city. Inside each building is a wealth of history that documents Liverpool’s past and present. Check out this Liverpool bucket list must-see!
Step Inside a Cathedral or Two
- If there’s one thing Liverpool isn’t short of, it’s churches and cathedrals! With two cathedrals to its name, the Liverpool Metropolitan and the Anglican Cathedral, Liverpool’s religious spaces offer a nice, calming atmosphere after the bustle of the city and boast some impressive décor inside. Also notable is St Luke’s church, affectionally called the Bombed-Out Church by locals after its inside was destroyed during World War II. There are always activities going on both inside and out the church, and plenty around the area too.
Dive into History at the Beatles Houses
- Finally, this list wouldn’t be complete without one of the most popular attractions in Liverpool – the Beatles Houses! As part of the Magical Mystery Tour, step inside the childhood homes of John Lennon and Paul McCartney. See where they practised their songs, the route they took to school, and learn a wealth of information on the way! Singing is encouraged, and who knows – you might even catch a glimpse of Paul McCartney at his former home! What more could you want? Check out this Liverpool bucket list must-see!
Now, of course I couldn’t include everything, and there are plenty of museums and libraries that also deserve a look-in, but for those with time on their minds – get packing and start planning your Liverpool bucket list with the help of these suggestions!
Featured Image: weheartit
Hey! I am a recently graduated Classics student who loves writing. I post my poetry on Instagram @ rhanireland and I am currently working on my second novel in my spare time. My favourite thing to write articles about are my own life experiences and what inspires me, open letters, fashion, beauty, or things I generally am enjoying at the moment. I am also a slight skincare addict, and love to share what has worked for me with others.