Have you ever considered your prom night being a rites of passage. Countless times movies especially teen movies have bigged up the night of prom as one of the most memorable events in your life as you’re exiting High school.
The big night is approaching sooner than you might expect, so why not start now with getting the process started. You can’t wait until the last minute to do everything and think it will end up the way that you want it to.
Here’s a list of everything you need to know in order to fulfill what would be the best prom night you would ever experience!
3 Months Before
- Start looking for what you want to wear as your prom dress early, look in magazines, online.
- Understand your dress code that is set by your school, before you purchase anything.
- Make sure there is an understanding about who is going with who. Is it a group thing, a date or you going solo.
- Start saving your money so you can help contribute to the expenses that it will cost your parents.
2 Months Before
- Buy your Prom tickets, individually, or if you want to be nice you can buy your dates too.
- Start shopping for your Prom Dress, go with your prom date to help look for a Suit or a Tuxedo.
- Schedule any that need to be done to the gown alterations.
- Start looking for Hair and Makeup inspirations online.
- Make plans for transportation and any after-prom activities with friends, very important.
1 Month Before
- Scheducle your hair, nail and makeup appointments.
- Purchase accessories or jewelry for the big night.
- Finalize alterations for your attire.
2 Weeks Before
- Break into your heels that you will be wearing, so you will be ready to strunt in them. You don’t want to be that girl who’s struggling to walk.
- Get your prom’s date corage or boutonniere from your local flourist before it is too late.
- Planning on eating out either before or after prom, make reservations ASAP!
1 Week Before
- Pampering mode, treat yourself with a nice and consistent skin care routine.
- Discuss with your friends and possible prom date about the time and location of the meet up.
- See who wants prom photos with you, and discuss with them the arrangments.
- If you have plans with friends for after prom, make sure you have everything you need packed and ready to go.
- Make an emergency kit of everything you might need (tape, hair pins, Tylenol, cash)
- Save images on your phone of hair and makeup looks that you want or are going for.
- Get your nails done, by yourself or a group of friends.
- Rest up, you’ll need it with the type of night you’ll be having later on the next day.
The Big Day
- Make sure you are eating and drinking throughout the night. Keeps your energy up.
- Keep your phone charged, and bring your charger with you.
- Hair and makeup appointment scheducled early in the day, (morning preferred).
- Avoid rushing by getting ready and hour or two before so you don’t end up forgetting anything.
- Snap photos! Find someone that can take photos for you throughout the night so you can keep for memories.
- Safety first! Make sure you are aware of your surroundings and make a pact eith your friends to keep an eye on each other.
- Enjoy yourself, have fun and live it up.