At Syracuse, every hall is different, but the dorms themselves all look pretty similar. Each comes with the same boring furniture, but adding your personal touches and decor makes them your own! Your dorm can become your home away from home. No matter how small, you can make it stylish with some inspiration from these 30 amazing Syracuse dorm rooms!
1. Putting balloons in your room adds a playful pop of color.
2. Express yourself using a stuffy of your favorite animal. An art piece would work too!
3. Using mostly white may seem boring, but in reality, it looks fresh and luxurious.
4. Use different patterned fabrics in the same color scheme to create a monochromatic look.
5. By putting your “artsy” photos in a grid pattern, you are reminded of old memories in a cute, decorative way.
6. Don’t forget to rep your school.
7. Go monochromatic.
If pink is your favorite color, decorate your whole room with it! Changing up the textures and the types of accessories you are using will keep it fresh.
8. Placing a decorative case or covering on your laptop or electronics will keep these ugly devices from looking too drab.
9. America is beautiful- pay homage to your country.
10. Use your tapestries as pops of color by keeping your other décor relatively neutral.
11. Having a split means you don’t need to coordinate, be yourself!
12. A clean, simple bed always looks inviting and put together.
13. Placing pictures along the wall in a straight line makes them seem like they were always there. Kind of looks like wall paper, aka homier.
14. Even though the under-bed storage may be unsightly, mixing in a bunch of color on or above your bed will draw the eyes up.
15. Personalizing any item in your room with your name or initials will make your dorm feel more like your own.
16. Adding posters on your walls will let others know exactly what you’re into (conversation starter)!
17. Don’t be afraid to have an elaborate, colorful bed spread; simpler décor will balance it out.
18. Draping lights over your tapestry will draw attention and add some brightness to your room!
Sheraton University Hotel
19. Using funny decorations or poster can brighten anyone’s day (eye chart).
Unknown (not everyone sites their hall)
20. A water-color bed spread is so pretty and artsy, but don’t forget about Otto.
21. If a certain tapestry or art work inspires you, put it directly across from where you lay to go to bed at night. Instant goal-setter!
22. Keeping your curtains open helps to frame the beautiful view you have.
23. Inspirational quotes or sayings will always put you in a good mood.
24. Using visible tape to hang up photos that you took yourself or pictures you have made makes your room more personal and creative. People can admire what you have accomplished.
25. Even if you add a mish-mash of décor on your walls, it won’t look overdone if you tone down the colors.
26. Include extra throws on your bed for you friends who come to visit or just another layer of warmth.
27. Adding potted plants will bring the outdoors in as well as help filter that stuffy dorm air.
28. Place your desks back-to-back to maximize the space that you have. It also creates a natural division between your rooms.
29. Bunking your bed adds some much needed floor space; just don’t hit your head!
30. Use an area rug to add a little more comfort and style to your room.
What are your favorite dorm rooms at Syracuse?! Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit