Every college has things that only their students will understand. Here are some signs you go to Virginia Tech that every Hokie can relate to!
1. Half of your wardrobe consists of orange and maroon
Cause really, there is no better color combination out there
2. You pregame to Enter Sandman
…and probably jump too
3. Whenever you hear “Let’s Go” your natural instinct is to scream “Hokies!”
4. You have a parking pass that you probably don’t use
Because there is no place to park unless you look for one at the crack of dawn.
5. You are obsessed with chicken parmesan
You can be seen at Owen’s every time this is served
6. You will never complain about getting up at 8am for a tailgate, but will skip a class that starts at noon
Tailgates are 100% worth getting no sleep for.
7. Half of your diet consists of Benny’s, Cabo, Qdoba, and ABP
Also where half of your money is spent.
8. You know the difference between gucci and ghetto Kroger
Don’t forget ghetto and Gucci El Rods.
9. Virginia Tech football is one of the biggest stressors in your life
They keep you on your toes, and if you are a fan you have probably found God by praying for their success.
10. Going out on a Tuesday night is completely normal
11. You have had the unfortunate experience of having a class at the math empo
Why am I paying money to teach myself math…?
12. You probably never read “The Heart and Fist” by Eric Greitens, but told yourself you would
This is given out at orientation, you swore you were going to read it, and probably never even opened it.
13. El Rods is/was one of your favorite places in Blacksburg
14. You have snap-storied a picture of Burrus in the sunset
So basic. So pretty. So necessary.
15. Your friends have made fun of you for having a “castrated turkey” for a mascot
Joke’s on you, that’s not what it is according to dictionary.com!
16. Chick Fil A breakfast is an integral part of your week
Best dining improvement ever made.
17. You have taken a picture in front of the lit up VT flag at TOTS
This is a norm. It is also on the “VT Bucket List.”
18. Walking is your biggest form of exercise
You walk everywhere. 4 miles to class? No problem.
19. All of your friends are probably from NOVA
Or New Jersey… but mostly NOVA.
20. You never imagine being anywhere else because you love VT
What’s a Hokie? I am.
What are other signs you go to Virginia Tech? Comment below!
Featured image source: pinterest.com
Alexandra is a finance and marketing major at the University of New Hampshire. Coffee connoisseur, tennis coach, and expert in the art of witty banter.