From lobster rolls to Block Island to Bakery Pizza, here are 15 signs you are a true Rhode Islander, and not just a summer time fake.
1. You cringe when you witness someone sip Del’s lemonade with a straw.
2. You order coffee milk when you go out for breakfast.
3. Calamari is your go-to appetizer, no matter what month.
It is the official state appetizer.
4. You can go to the beach for one hour, or eight.
5. You keep a beach chair in your car.
Because you never know when you might need it.
6. Bakery Pizza can be found at every party.
What does everyone else in the country eat at birthday parties?
7. Hoodsie Cups bring back dozens of childhood memories.
Oh those wooden spoons.
8. You take spontaneous day trips to Block Island.
Because why not?
9. You run into someone you know wherever you go.
“Oh hello second grade teacher,” you say awkwardly while shopping for tampons.
10. Iced Coffee everyday is a must.
Even when there’s a foot of snow on the ground.
11. You can never eat enough lobster rolls in the summer.
Real decision is hot or cold.
12. You get frustrated when people drive below the speed limit to sight-see.
Then you remember they don’t have the beautiful views that you do everyday.
13. Driving 30 minutes is a long drive.
And snacks are a must.
14. Your two most worn shoes are flip flops and duck boots.
We love our summer days, but must experience the winter, too.
15. You absolutely love where you live.
What are some other signs you are a true Rhode Islander? Share in the comments below!
Featured image source: pinterest.com
"Lover of coffee, fun times, family, friends, food Narragansett, RI | Bentley University 2021"