Dating someone new can be really scary whether it’s your first real relationship or you’re just getting over a bad breakup. No matter how difficult and nerve-racking it may be, it’s still incredibly important to make an effort to get to know your partner in order to discover similarities, talking points, and interesting facts that will serve to further your relationship and establish a bond between you two. If you’ve ever wondered what questions to ask your girlfriend to get to know her, this list will totally help out!
These questions can range from incredibly simple and surface-level to deep and much more thought-provoking, either type can really help in your quest to find out who someone is. You might even be surprised how much a simple question might reveal about a person. In case you’re at a loss for some good questions to ask you girlfriend to really get to know her, here are 20 really good inquiries that will serve your purpose.
1. If you could go to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
2. When you were a kid, what did you tell everyone you wanted to be when you grew up? This is one of the really good questions to ask your girlfriend because you get to see her childhood interests!
3. What is your favorite aspect of yourself that isn’t physical (i.e. smarts, wit, humor, etc.)?
4. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
5. Who or what has been a driving force behind your actions throughout your life?
6. Do you watch a lot of TED talks? If so what’s your favorite one?
7. What was your favorite class in high school and did you find that your interests changed a lot once you got to college?
8. If you could trade places with any animal for a day, what would it be? This is one of the really cute and quirky questions to ask your girlfriend!
9. If you could swap bodies with any person for a day, who would you swap with?
10. What is something that’s happened in your life that you feel has empowered you and/or shaped who you are today?
11. Do you have any guilty pleasure books, T.V. shows, or movies? If so, what are they?
12. What “mythical” being is more plausible to exist/ have existed: Bigfoot, aliens, or the Loch Ness Monster? This is one of the fun, light-hearted questions to ask your girlfriend!
13. Is there anything that you feel your life is currently missing? If so, what is it?
14. What is one thing that you feel like you absolutely couldn’t live without (that isn’t a basic necessity, of course)?
15. What is the number one snack that you always find yourself reaching for when you’re hungry?
16. What are some songs that make you feel nostalgic?
17. Have you always had the same favorite color or has it evolved over time? If it has evolved, give me a brief timeline.
18. What is one thing you hate- whether it’s a movie series, a celebrity, or a flavor of food- that you feel like everyone else in the world loves?
19. If you could redo any decision or action from your past, what would you choose to go back and change and why?
20. If you could be a competitor in the Olympics, what sport would you want to compete in the most?
This list has a really good balance in it. What that means is that there are a lot of questions that don’t pry too far into the personal information and past (such as, you favorite color), then there are those that go deeper into her history (what’s one decision you would change if you could), and finally there are questions that allow her to be introspective about her current feelings and personality (what do you like most about yourself). You never want to beat your girlfriend over the head with too much of one type of question or the other, so definitely watch what types of questions you ask and when you ask them.
Do you have any other suggestions on what questions to ask your girlfriend? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: www.pinterest.om
My name is Kassidy Barber, I'm 20 years old, and I'm currently working on my B.A. in English with a minor in web communications at the University of Alabama in Huntsville! I love video games, lots of T.V. shows, dogs, and especially food (both cooking and eating)!