Step away from the Nutrigrain bar and put down the Pop-Tart. Just because you live in a dorm room doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a delectable breakfast (or wake up painfully early to catch the dining hall meal). You can enjoy a tasty, indulgent breakfast right in the comfort of your dorm room with this microwave french toast in a mug recipe![youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Odife5K2c?rel=0]
What you need:
Bread (2 pieces or more depending on your mug size)
Maple syrup (the more the better!)
1/4 cup milk
Cinnamon (about a tsp)
Butter (about a tbsp)
A fork & knife
1. In the mug, mix the egg, milk, cinnamon and syrup (if you want, only pour in half the syrup and reserve the rest for when it comes out of the microwave).
2. Butter the bread and cut into cubes.
3. Stuff the bread cubes into the mug and mix so the bread is fully saturated.
4. Put it in the microwave for 2 minutes (keep on eye on it; the mixture will rise, so you might need to stop the cooking halfway so it doesn’t overflow. If this happens, simply pause the microwave, allow the mixture to settle, and continue cooking – repeating these steps until 2 minutes is through).
5. Top off your microwave french toast with more syrup, chocolate chips, fruit…or whatever your creative foodie spirit desires!
Want more dorm recipes like microwave french toast? Check out and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more fun ideas!
Ashley is the Editorial Director of SOCIETY19. She is a graduate of Marist College with a degree in Business and Marketing.