10 Fun 21st Birthday Ideas for your Bestie
Your best friend’s 21st birthday is probably one of the most significant events of your friendship, especially if you’re already 21. No more fake IDs, and no more spending your weekend nights just wishing you could join all the bar hoppers in their drunken escapades. This is probably the only time you won’t get mad at your friend when she ditches you at the bar for some random guy, gets up on top the bar and engages in a whole other level of twerking, or when you spend the end of the night holding her hair back and rubbing her back as she pukes up those many (free) birthday tequila shots. If you want to make your bestie’s 21st the best birthday ever, here are ten 21st birthday ideas that will not disappoint her.
1. Get a funny tank top or t-shirt that she could wear the next day.
Everyone will know her shame. You can even create your own with something funny like “Last night was my 21st birthday. So, don’t talk to me today.”
2. Get a mug, cup, wine glass, shot glass, etc. and write/design a cute saying or song lyric that fits your bestie to a T.
3. Got a glitzy bestie? DIY her favorite bottle of alcohol dipped in glitter.
Super easy to do, and only requires few materials. Check out this tutorial here.
4. Construct a cake out of her favorite drinks.
You can use Styrofoam circles for the bases and paint them whatever color you’d like. You can also use a hot glue gun or sticky dots to hold the liquor on tight, if you’re afraid they will fall.
5. Create a sign of 21 crazy things she has to check off throughout the night.
Include things like, “get a stranger to buy you a drink” or “receive 21 birthday spankings.” It can be a sign in the shape of something she loves or describes her personality. And, she must wear it at all times so everyone knows she has some missions to accomplish!
6. Attach 21 things you love about her to balloons and lay them around the house or in her room.
Super easy, cute and sentimental (tear).
7. Create a picture collage in the shape of the numbers 2 and 1.
They can be images of you and her together during your most treasured memories. Check out this tutorial here.
8. Twist up a classic game of beer pong by adding some glitz to the water cups.
9. If your bestie is a wine lover, order her a bottle of wine with a personalized label on it.
Etsy offers tons of customized bottle labels for you to choose from!
10. Decorate a “classy” 21st cake with an old Barbie Doll.
Hopefully this won’t be your friend during the celebration… but chances are, it just might be. But, hey, she’s 21! Give her a break.
Don’t forget to make a plan!
While all these 21st birthday ideas are sure to start the pregame off right, the biggest question is what the rest of the night will bring. Whether you opt to get sloppy at a pub crawl, decide to spend the evening cracking up at a comedy club, or finally make an appearance at the newest club in town – planning ahead for the night is key! Find out before hand if there are any big events going on in your city that might make your bestie’s 21st even better!
But just remember, no matter what you and your best friend decide to do, cherish the moment of this big day! Most importantly, drink and play safely. Look out for each other, but let loose and have fun. She only turns 21 once!
Do you have any good 21st birthday ideas? Tell us in the comments below!
*These are sponsored links. All opinions are my own.
Featured image source: favim.com
Erin is a senior at the University of Florida. She majors in Advertising with a concentration in Business Administration. After graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in the fashion world. Go Gators!