Reading, seeing, and hearing empowering quotes daily can do a lot for our self-esteem. They serve as a reminder of who we are and what we aspire to be, they can provide guidance when we need it, and they’re also a great motivational tool. Not to mention you can put your favorite inspiring quotes on a letterboard, poster, or wall decal to use as decoration around your home. You’ll have a beautiful house while being surrounded by reminders of how special you are! Do you need help trying to find some words of wisdom to get you started? Take a look at this list of empowering quotes if you ever find yourself feeling less than what you truly are.
No matter how secure you may be with yourself, we all have our moments of self-doubt from time to time. If you’re looking for some empowering quotes to help you believe in yourself, build your self-esteem, and learn how to be yourself unapologetically, these words are for you. We all know how powerful our thoughts can be, and we tend to believe everything we tell ourselves. We have to make sure that we’re filling our minds with love and positivity. Read these empowering words, write them down, look at them every day, and repeat them over and over again until you believe it.
1. “Faith is a willingness to take the next step, to see the unknown as an adventure, to launch a journey.” -Sharon Salzberg, Buddhist leader
2. “Don’t sit down and wait for opportunities to come…get up and make them!” -Madam C.J. Walker, cosmetics entrepreneur
3. “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.” -Emma Watson, actress and model
4. “The space in which we live should be for the person who we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.” -Marie Kondo, organization expert and author
5. “It’s really about taking one moment at a time and trying to master those moments.” -Serena Williams, tennis player
Did you know that empowering words can benefit your mental and physical health? One study has shown that more optimistic people are most likely to live to be 85 years or older. Another study showed that optimists are less likely to suffer from insomnia and more likely to get a good amount of sleep. So, are you looking for a super easy way to live longer and sleep better? Tell yourself some positive things! Make sure to write down your favorite empowering affirmations and put them in a place where you can see them often. You’ll be happy you did!
6. “It is important to recognize that everyone can make a little bit of a difference, and that, in aggregate, our individual daily efforts add up.” -Monique Péan, eco-jewelry designer
7. “No matter how far a person can go the horizon is still way beyond you.” -Zora Neale Hurston, novelist and anthropologist
8. “Here’s what I always say: If they can see it, they can be it.” -Geena Davis, actress
9. “I am a daughter of adventure. This means I never experience a dull moment and must be prepared for any eventuality.” -Margaret “Molly” Tobin Brown, Titanic survivor
10. “Discover who you are, and use who you are in service to the world.” -Oprah Winfrey, philanthropist
Regularly listening to and reading empowering quotes daily can make us become more aware of our thoughts. Have you ever found yourself being way too negative? Think about what you’ve been feeding your mind. If you let one negative thought lead to another, you’ll end up in a pretty sour mood because of all the bad things you’re telling yourself. Your negative thoughts can’t have power over you if you allow them to. Keep those empowering quotes handy, so you can be more mindful of your thoughts and challenge them.
11. “Every time we choose courage, we make everyone around us a little better and the world a little braver. And our world could stand to be a little kinder and braver.” -Brené Brown, social worker
12. “Pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” -Maya Angelou, writer
13. “I am thankful that I was taught how to think and now what to think.” -Lizzie Magie, educational game designer
14. “We have to laugh. Because laughter, we already know, is the first evidence of freedom.” -Rosario Castellanos, author
15. “The most fulfilled people are those who get up every morning and stand for something larger than themselves.” Wilma Mankiller, tribal chief
No matter how you’re feeling, there is always an empowering quote by an inspiring person to help you get through your feelings. Not only that, but hearing these positive words daily can actually change your mindset. It goes back to your mind believing everything you tell it. If you always tell yourself that you are worthless, you won’t be motivated to do much. However, if you tell yourself every day how valuable you are and how much potential you have, you’ll achieve a lot more. Know your worth…then add tax!
16. “I refuse to be called a victim. I am not defined by what happened in my life. I am a survivor, defined by how I live my life.” -Adrianne Haslet, dancer
17. “When women succeed, the world succeeds. When women and girls thrive, entire societies thrive. Just as women’s rights are human rights, women’s progress is human progress.” -Hillary Rodham Clinton, politician
18. “I believe that life should be lived so vividly and so intensely that thoughts of another life, or of a longer life, are not necessary.” -Marjory Stoneman Douglas, writer
19. “Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” -Pema Chödrön, nun
20. “You have something glorious to draw on begging for attention. Don’t pass it up. Use it.” -Lorraine Hansberry, playwright