Travelling is everyone’s favorite pastime; it’s a necessity for us all to cope with the annihilating routine and simply diversify our life. The more exotic the destination is, the more culturally aware we become, the more unforgettable moments we experience, and the more memories we make. However, a remote holiday destination requires taking long-haul flights, which can make you feel worn out and disturb the state of your skin. Here are a few skin care and beauty secrets that will make you feel vigorous and look rested upon your arrival.
Keep It Small
The first and most essential thing you should not forget about is that you can only bring a limited amount of liquid on board; the container should not exceed 100ml. Hence we suggest you buy cheap plastic containers from your local drugstore beforehand in which you can pour your favorite skin care and beauty products from the bigger bottles. Alternatively, you can gather all the free samples you got from your earlier purchases as well as a miniature perfume bottle that is probably lying somewhere far in your drawer. The border inspection at the airport will become triple times easier if you get your hands on a clear plastic makeup bag.
Hydrate From The Inside
The second rule you absolutely must follow is to maintain the right levels of fluids in your body since the filtered cabin air is extremely dry. In other words, you have to constantly stay hydrated, both externally and internally. Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine (it get trigger anxiety) and drink lots of water instead. Get a bottle or two on board and have some before and after your food break. Herbal teas have a calming effect and will keep you hydrated. Avoid tap water since it has a high chance of being contaminated.
Hydrate From The Outside
What skin care and beauty products you need to take with you on the plane?
Here is a kit you can take to the lavatory with you to get refreshed every now and then during the flight:
– disposable toothbrush and a mini toothpaste (brush your teeth after lunch and before landing)
– makeup wipes (use it before rinsing your face to get rid of any makeup residue)
– moisturizing face cream (or face oil, depending on your skin type)
– soothing lip balm
– eye drops (in case you are wearing lenses)
– hydrating facial spray (either thermal water by Avene or rose water spray by any brand that has a mini version)
Here is what you need to have in your travel bag:
– hydrating face mask (perfect before the landing)
– eye patches (apply before taking a nap; you can get the clear ones to avoid the unnecessary attention)
– wet wipes
– antibacterial hand gel
– granola bar or any other kind of dry snack (in case the airline meal is not filling or tasty enough)
Here is what makeup is best to use before stepping out of the plane:
– mini smudge-proof mascara (to open your eyes up for a wider look; this trick will help you look more rested)
– clear brow gel (often your eyebrow hairs get messy when you sleep; clear gel will put them in place and give you that “I woke up like this” effect)
– blush (it can provide a youthful, fresh appearance; a shimmer blush will also give your skin a healthy-looking glow)
– lip gloss
– mini perfume (don’t wear crazy floral fragrance because you don’t want to smell it mixed with the sweat and oils your body has produced; keep it light and fresh and make sure it doesn’t leak)