It is essential to care for your skin in all-weather because our skin is the largest barrier against infection that we have. Keeping our skin healthy and moist helps keep this barrier strong. When the skin gets dry or irritated by harsh cleansers, toners and soaps, cracks in the skin can occur. Cracks in the skin make a person more prone to infection, and also affect your confidence. One of the newest trends in skin care is rose water, and you can pretty much find it in any Indian household. It’s simple and even dates back to Ancient Egypt where is was used by Cleopatra. Rose water is undoubtedly beauty’s new magic potion, and it is remarkably versatile and suitable for everyone. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose cleanser water can be added to your beauty regime and this magical cleanser is how I have added rose water to my own regime.
This amazing rose cleanser which has completely changed my skin is Garnier’s first cleansing milk called Soothing Botanical Cleansing Milk with Rose Water. It is made with 96% ingredients of natural origin. It is enriched with Rose Water, known for its soothing power, which makes it smell and feel great. It gently, yet efficiently removes ALL make up and impurities while leaving the skin feeling perfectly soothed and soft.
Why is rose water good for your skin?
So I bet you are all wondering why I recommended this cleanser so much, well here are 7 reasons I can give you as to why, and it is all down to the rose ingredient.
- Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil, so if you have oily skin, like myself, this product will help keep the shiny foreheads at bay.
- Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin. This will help to get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. Not only this but it helps reduce spots because it opens pores and removes excess dirt.
- Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look which ever body needs. This means it stops your skin drying out and getting flaky and sore.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
- Rose water is full of antioxidants which helps to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues. This means it has anti-aging effects.
- Due to the harsh like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. This means that by applying rose water you tighten capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness, while also reduces the visibility of wrinkles.
- Rose water smells AMAZING! The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed so not only do you help your skin but you help your mind too.
How to use it?
I know it is pretty obvious how to use rose cleanser but for those of you who are unsure follow these steps.
- Remove make up with a cotton pad soaked in the rose cleansing milk. Avoid your eyes and wash with cold water if you get any in them.
- Use a second cotton pad soaked in the rose cleansing milk once the first cotton pad is covered in makeup as you don’t want to rub makeup back onto your face.
- Follow with 96% Natural Origins Rose Water Toner and 96% Natural Origins Rose Water Moisturiser, as part of your daily skincare routine to ensure the best results.
So there you go that’s the rose cleanser you didn’t know you needed in your life. It smells good and makes you look good, win win. Get lathering yourself in rose water just like Cleopatra.
Who’s gonna buy some rose cleanser? Let us know below.
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
Current University Graduate, Hampshire UK