Sparkling Cranberry Apple Cider Punch
With so many different Thanksgiving punch recipes out there, it can be hard to tell which is the best one! But don’t worry, we’ve done all the work for you. After searching through tons of Thanksgiving punch recipes, we found the absolute best one. Keep reading to learn how to make this Thanksgiving punch, which you absolutely NEED on your dinner table this year!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- Crushed ice
This Thanksgiving punch is perfect because it is sweet, but not too sweet, and light, but still packed with flavor. The bubbles make it the perfect choice to have alongside dinner, and it is so pretty you’re going to have this displayed on your table.
1) First, combine the cranberries and water in a small sauce pan. Simmer them for 2-3 minutes until the cranberries pop and split open. After removing them from the heat, stir in your granulated sugar. Chill in your refrigerator, or allow to cool to room temperature.
3) Next, take a 2-quart pitcher and pour in your cranberry mixture. Add in the apple cider, ginger ale, lemon juice and cranberry juice. Mix them all together.
4) Now all that’s left to do is serve over crushed ice in your glass of choice! So simple!
If you are planning on making this punch ahead of time, don’t put in the ginger ale – it will get flat! Just make sure to top off each glass with ginger ale when you eventually do serve it.
And if you are unable to find 100% cranberry juice and have to go for a cranberry juice cocktail, you might want to cut back on the sugar a bit! Or else the punch will be super sweet.
Also, if you are feeling like kicking this Thanksgiving punch up a notch, try spiking it with vodka. Or, if ginger ale isn’t your favorite, replace it with champagne. (Just make sure to keep it away from the kid’s table, of course!)
Thank you to Mel’s Kitchen Cafe for this amazing recipe! Check it out here!
featured image source: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/sparkling-cranberry-apple-cider-punch/
University of Delaware grad hailing from the North Shore of Massachusetts. I like quoting the Real Housewives, pretending to know the lyrics to songs I've near heard before, Tom Brady, piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain.