It’s a hot summer day and you’ve got a bunch of friends over, so why don’t you impress them with your beverage making skills? We’ve compiled a list of quick and delicious recipe options, so here are summer drinks you can make in under 5 minutes!
1. Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
The Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade is one of the most nostalgic summer drinks on the list. Creating an interesting twist on an old classic, the drink is refreshing and bubbly and so easy to make! It is also an inexpensive alternative since it won’t cost much to buy the ingredients.
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Process the strawberries in a food processor. Put aside some of the processed strawberries and then strain the rest to make a strawberry liquid.
- Combine the strawberry liquid, sugar, sparkling water, lemon juice, and the rest of the processed strawberries and stir.
- Set in the refrigerator until cold, then enjoy!
2. Watermelon Breeze
The Watermelon Breeze is also a very quick drink to make, and a refreshing choice on our list of summer drinks. Light and energizing, this drink keeps its watermelon flavor while also amplifying it with the touch of lemon juice. Try to dice the ingredients beforehand for easy preparation and use any fruit left over for a fruit salad!
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1/3 cup diced melon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup ice
- Place all of the fruit and lemon juice into the food processor with the ice and process until smooth. Enjoy!
3. Raspberry Lime Cooler
One of the tastiest summer drinks on our list of quick drinks to make is the Raspberry Lime Cooler. It can be slightly too sour for some, so if you feel that it is, then the recipe can be modified slightly to suit your tastes. This drink is a perfect choice for those that like a little bubbly with a tangy taste.
- 2 cups sparkling water (or Sprite)
- ½ cup raspberries
- Lime slices
- 1/2 cup ice
- Purée your raspberries and add them to the sparkling water. Using a long spoon to stir in the raspberries well. If you would like a sweeter taste, then substitute the sparkling water for Sprite.
- Add the lime slices and the ice, then refrigerate well. Enjoy!
Here’s a great summer drinks recipe with our version of a margarita. Perfect for a barbecue or a gathering of friends, pour this drink into salt rimmed margarita glasses for a wonderful and refreshing treat. You can create the original lime-flavored margarita, or spice things up with a grapefruit or orange flavored one. Have fun with your margaritas!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups of ice
- Blend together the orange juice, the lime juice and the sugar.
- Add the ice and blend until you reach a slushy consistency.
- Pour into a glass that already has salt on the rim. Enjoy!
5. Moscow Mule
Last on our list of summer drinks to make in under 5 minutes is our take on the Moscow Mule! This drink is great for those that like the powerful and spicy taste of ginger with a sweet balancing of mint. Take this drink one step further and serve it in a copper mug with some mint leaves for garnish.
- Juice of one lime
- 2 cups ginger beer
- Mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Add the mint leaves. For a powerful flavor, crush the mint leaves a bit at the bottom of the cup.
- Add the ice, lime juice, and ginger beer and stir. Enjoy!