There are so many things that make Boston a special city. From riding the T to the wicked awesome accent, here are 10 signs you may love Boston a little too much.
1. You will find any way to brag about your city
Chris Evans? He’s from Boston. Wahlburgers? Boston. Beyonce? Well, she’s BEEN to Boston.
2. You’re slightly in love with Tom Brady
People come to Boston thinking that their past NFL loyalties are strong enough to resist the Tom Brady bug…plot twist; they’re not. Loving Boston is pretty much synonymous with loving Tom Brady.
3. You sometimes find yourself missing the T after a while away
It’s one of those “I can bad talk them, but I will get mad at you for saying anything negative about them” situations…except it’s a transportation system.
4. You get annoyed when people mock Bostonians by replacing ‘r’s with ‘h’s in writing
And then you go ahead and replace your ‘r’s with ‘h’s while speaking.
5. You actually celebrate Patriot’s day
Turns out Patriot’s Day, or what we Bostonians like to call Marathon Monday, isn’t really a holiday anywhere else…who knew?
6. You’ve walked through a snowstorm for some Dunks
And you will continue to do this every winter until you stop needing an iced coffee to function (which will never happen).
7. You say words like “packie”, “bubbler” and “wicked” too often
And then get confused why your out of town friends don’t understand you.
8. You know every word to Sweet Caroline
Bonus points if you scream “BAH BAH BAH” every time you hear it at a wedding, karaoke night or late night Uber ride.
9. You get offended when you see someone wearing a rival team’s gear
A Yankees hat is the most offensive sight in the world, even if you happen to be in the middle of New York City.
10. You get chills whenever you hear ‘Boston Strong’
Those two words will always result in an overwhelming pride of being a part of this city
What do you love most about Boston!? Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit
Media Studies major at Emerson College. Music, book and Netflix enthusiast. Passionate about all things Boston.