There are distinct signs you go to Clemson University. Here is a list of 20 things only a Clemson University student would understand.
1. You have calves of steel.
2. Everything you own is orange.
Bright orange leggings? Check. Orange running shoes? Check; bonus points if you pair them with orange or purple work-out shorts.
3. You consider Cooper to be your second home.
And have become besties with the Starbucks baristas.
4. You’ve nearly been hit by a Catbus.
Multiple times. On a daily basis.
5. You’ve waited 45 minutes or more for a Tiger Transit only to have it never show up.
“Your driver waited 1 minute and marked you as a no-show.”
6. You hear every year that they’re going to tear down Johnstone over the summer.
The place is legendary for its supposed pee smell in the basement.
7. You’ve fallen down The Hill during a game.
Bonus points if it was a rain game and you ended up covered in mud.
8. You’ve been late to class because of construction on library bridge.
They exclusively begin construction on campus the day classes start back from a break.
9. You’ve waited in line for tickets through IPTAY only to have them sell out and leave you stuck with upper deck tickets.
Your stress levels rise as you watch the little man walk slowly across the screen…
10. You have a “Dabocado” sticker on your laptop.
Is Dabo our president? Maybe. (Dabo for president 2020)
11. You’ve *maybe* passed Deshaun/Kelly Bryant/football player on library bridge and had a freak-out/fangirl moment.
Was that Will Swinney on that moped??
12. You’ve encountered several very, very drunk people at the on-campus Wendy’s.
Seeing as it’s the only restaurant on campus open past 9:00 pm…
13. You’ve nearly died from heat exhaustion while walking to class in October.
Does fall really exist in South Carolina?
14. You’ve been nearly run over by a moped.
They’re like Catbuses, only smaller.
15. You own a moped.
And have mastered the art of bro-stacking.
16. You’ve forgotten to move your car on game day and gotten it towed.
West Campusers understand this struggle.
17. You’ve gotten a ticket for parking on the grass in R1.
Clemson University Parking Services shows no mercy.
18. You’ve had an entertaining interaction with any of the Core Starbucks baristas.
I’m not complaining but, why so much singing?
19. You’ve witnessed some sort of shenanigans going down in the reflection pond.
Likely someone who has pulled an all-nighter in Cooper.
20. You’re the best kind of football fan there is.
Not sure how to explain it, but Clemson University definitely has some of the least rude fans in college football, especially compared to their red and black counterpart school.