College can be a mix of unbelievable highs paired with bursts of madness. Being a student at a private school makes no exception. Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student at Saint Mary’s, I’m sure we can all agree on these Gifs that represent Saint Mary’s College of California.
1. When you see that giant cross above the Main Chapel the minute you step onto campus
or whenever you see one of the Brothers outside greeting parents on tours.
2. When you’re walking past Dante Hall and come across a wild deer or turkey just casually browsing around
Is this a zoo or a college campus? Ah, the perks of attending Saint Mary’s College of California.
3. When that tuition bill hits you a month before it’s due
No it’s cool what would I need money for anyway?
4. When you try your best to send a professional email to your counselor in the Financial Aid office, but your nerves get the best of you
I’m trying to understand the difference between loans and your phone line is always busy, send help!
5. When it’s the beginning of the semester and you get bombarded by all the clubs trying to recruit new members on your way to the bathroom by Café Louis
No that’s okay I can’t come to an 8pm meeting on a Thursday night and I don’t want to play cornhole. This is a classic move by the clubs at Saint Mary’s College of California.
6. When you’re trying to get some study time in, but the St. Albert Hall Library is filled with people upstairs, downstairs, and on the patios
I’ll just study in a small corner on the #6 bus.
7. When you have an afternoon class in Hagerty Lounge and have to walk through the quad during Community Time
I want free barbeque and popsicles but is it worth having to make small talk with everyone?
8. When you have two portfolios, an essay, and office hour meetings the same week as registration for the Fall semester opens on GaelXpress
Getting ready for more classes and crossing my fingers that I pass the ones I currently have. I don’t need sleep until the summer.
9. Whenever you forget that you are attending a Lasallian institution and you get the newsletter email
Thank you for the friendly reminder folks.
10. When you finally make it to the end of semester after the last day of finals week
A little freedom is good but we all know I’ll be back soon.