Books, movies, video games and more all have messages in them that create great inspirational quotes for students. If you’re going through a rough time, there are so many real-life role models and fictional characters that have things to say to remind you that things will get better.
1. Remember that bad times… are just times that are bad. (Katrina, Animal Crossing)
Probably one of the most calming video games there is, this is one makes sense to go with inspirational quotes for students to cheer someone up. This fortune telling cat always ends her sessions with this quote. Time passes and if you’re having a bad time, you just have to know it will pass, even though it might feel like forever.
2. You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. (Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
One of many Harry Potter inspirational quotes for students, magic or muggle, this quote from the wise headmaster is a smart reminder that if you shouldn’t feel like you were born in this world to do something, so you shouldn’t feel bad if you aren’t reaching some giant goal.
3. We must let go of the life we have planned as to accept the one that is waiting for us. (Joseph Campbell)
Any reminder that reminds you not to think in the future are great inspirational quotes for students. No one can see into the future and sometimes you set a goal and can’t achieve them. Instead of trying to do something you can’t see if you will actually achieve it in the near time, do something in the present where you know what is going to happen and you’ll know what’s waiting for you.
4. Laugh loudly, laugh often, and most important, laugh at yourself. (Chelsea Handler)
Everyone deserves to last. This is one of the inspiration quotes for students that reminds you to have fun. Sometimes you have to admit you did something stupid and the best way to get over it is not to beat yourself up about it but laugh it off. It most likely is something that won’t happen again so why not have fun getting over it.
5. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. (Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
Although this student skips school, he certainly has a good grasp on how to make life more fun. Sometimes you have to let life move on its own and be the passenger. Look at your destination instead of the stops you passed. If you aren’t thinking about things from the past where you were hurt, life will go on a lot more smoothly.
6. Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. (Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
This headmaster has a lot up his sleeves, especially when it comes to inspirational quotes for students. Dumbledore is totally right about how when you try to ignore something you think will hurt is a lot better than just doing it and getting hurt. There are things in life where you just need to do it, even if it hurts you because the pain will go away.
7. Today is a good day to try. (Quasimodo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
This quote is short but it means a lot. I believe that everyone should try something every day, especially if the outcome is a failure. If you fail something you tried, you can say you at least tried it. Quasimodo saying it definitely makes it a lot better and deserves to be in this list of inspirational quotes for students.
8. The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. (Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean)
Jack Sparrow couldn’t be more real here. Sometimes you need to step back from the problem you’re having and think if maybe it’s you that isn’t helping the problem with the view you’re having on it. There are times where the only way to fix a problem is to have a different view on it, especially if it’s something that’s making you depressed. Try and see things in a more positive light.
9. You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream. (C.S. Lewis)
This is one of the most important inspirational quotes for students that they should think about. In college especially, you can have constant thoughts running through your head that maybe what you’re doing isn’t the right choice and that you’re stuck doing it and that can cause some mental problems. You need to know that you have full control over your life and can change the path you’re going whenever you want. For example, if you feel like you aren’t in the right program, make an appointment with a college counselor and see what steps you can take to maybe change your program.
10. Just keep swimming (Dory, Finding Nemo)
This is last because it is one of the most well-known quotes but a very touching reminder of how to live your life. No matter what happens in your life, keep living it because, along the way, you will find ways to overcome the challenges.