Being a student is hard… Being a student at University of Illinois is a whole new experience. Why? Well… Why don’t I just go ahead and show you?
1. All Nighters For That Class
That ONE class that’s always having you pull all-nighters… UGH!
2. Productivity Levels Fall SO Quickly
After about the first 3 to 4 weeks, productivity just disappears and procrastination makes an appearance.
3. Unless You Are Living In The Dorms, Starvation
Scavenging for food becomes your new favorite sport… Not by choice.
4. Stress is Your New Best Friend
Honestly, life, in general, will just become your daily life.
4. Life is Just a Big Ball of Confusion
Everything (i.e., classes, people, life, etc.) is just very confusing!
5. But There are Discoveries
While in college, you get to make a lot of new discoveries about yourself and other people! Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but discoveries nonetheless.
6. You’ll Make SO Many New Friends, Meet New People
Whether the friends you keep freshman year last you all four years or not, you are going to make so many new friends each semester or/ and meet so many new people! It’s an amazing and eye-opening feeling! #FriendshipIsMagic
7. You Begin To Find Yourself
College, especially UIUC, has a way of pushing you to find yourself pretty early on! It’s a bit of a surprise to everyone and yourself.
8. Love, LOVE is in the Air
Who knows? Maybe you find the one here! With so many people on campus, perhaps love is in your UIUC future.
9. You Are Going to Feel FANCY When You Hit One of the Downtown Restaurants
When you hit one of the restaurants on Green Street or go to downtown Champaign you are going to feel fancy and grown-up af and it is the best feeling ever!
10. Finishing a Class = Accomplishment
Once the semester is over, you will get this huge sense of accomplishment and relief! It is part of being a student at University of Illinois! Sure, you’ll complain about most of the classes, if not all, but being done with those classes is just great and definitely a part of the student experience.