There are just some things in life that only people who have attended Southern New Hampshire University will understand. My fellow Penmen, this is for you.
1. When People Say “Isn’t It Just an Online School?”
SNHU has a great online program, and they love to advertise it. However, it tends to give people who have never been to SNHU the impression that there isn’t an actual campus. It can get repetitive to constantly remind people that no, you don’t live in a dorm for an online school.
2. Walking (Or should I say hiking) Up the Hill From Webster
It’s always a pain when you see that you have a class in Webster Hall. Not only is it the furthest building from campus, but walking up that hill everyday can start to feel like you’re hiking a mountain.
4. When You’re Ready To Wear Cute Fall Clothes, But Your Dorm Has No A.C
5. “Breakfast Night” Before Finals
Every semester before finals, there is the huge breakfast dinner in the dining hall. This is the perfect time to eat your stress away and procrastinate studying at the same time.
6. Spending The Rest Of Your Food Plan Money The Week of Finals
We all know they charge us way too much for a food plan, but we’ll be dammed if we let that money go to waste. We don’t care if it means buying the entire Student Center on the last day of finals.
7. When You and Your Roommate Get Assigned The Dorm You Requested
Getting the dorm that you want at SNHU is like the Hunger Games. When you finally get approved for the building or apartment you requested, it feels like you conquered the world.
8. When The Wifi Doesn’t Work…Ever.
Considering the fact that SNHU is so confident about their online program, their WIFI on campus stinks. Students complain about it every year, but it never seems to get any better.
9. There is literally never any parking, anywhere.
It seems like Southern New Hampshire University is slowly getting rid of every parking lot they’ve ever had. If you’re a commuter, I recommend you get to class approximately six early just to find a parking spot.
10. When You See a Southern New Hampshire University Commercial
When you see yourself, your friend, or your favorite professor on the SNHU commercial. Even though it’s probably the 900th time you’ve seen it since it seems to be everywhere you turn.