These easy and healthy college meals will get you on the right track with your health and help you feel energized and ready for any work you have to do. They won’t be too intricate where it takes absolutely forever to prep, but they’ll be easy and simple so you can get in the kitchen and then get out with a great breakfast, lunch or dinner that will be healthy and get you on track. Having these meals will ensure that you aren’t sitting around all night eating chips and salsa or pizza, instead, these meals will get you excited to try something new without wasting so much time making that something new and healthy.
1. Banza Pasta W/ Chicken Sausage
You can find Banza pasta in any health food section! It is a chickpea pasta with tons of protein per serving so you can eat a healthy pasta option when you are looking to binge on some carbs. But you are also getting protein and fiber which will help to keep you full while doing any homework so you don’t have to cheat with some chips, or candy when you are stressed out. Chicken sausage is also a great addition to the Banza pasta instead of meatballs. It has protein but it doesn’t have a ton of fat like the meatballs, yet chicken sausage still has a great taste to add to any pasta.
Get out your saucepans and water because it is time to cook up this delicious and healthy pasta meal!
2. Pre-Prepared Zucchini Noodles
If you don’t love pasta and want to get some of your veggies in then zucchini noodles are perfect! You can do the same with the Banza pasta and add in some chicken sausage which is easy to cook up and won’t take too long.
To cook your zucchini noodles, put them in a large saucepan with some oil or butter, it is all your preference. Then when the zucchini noodles and chicken sausage are ready I love to use balsamic glaze and a bit of shredded mozzarella drizzled over the plate. It’ll add in some great taste, you can also use garlic salt for some more of that Italian pasta taste without all the carbs of actual pasta. You can get pre-cut and pre-cooked zucchini noodles so all you have to do is heat them up in the saucepan.
Just like the Banza pasta, you’ll stay full and get rid of any carb cravings so you can focus on your health and homework.
3. One-Bowl Microwave Scrambled Eggs
Say you want eggs one morning but you are busy as all hell and need to get out of your dorm before class starts without you! This one-bowl microwaveable scrambled eggs will be your go-to on those busy pull your hair out mornings. Eggs are nutritious and will help to keep you full for a long time so you can eat well and not worry about your next meal for a while.
You can start by opening up two eggs and putting them in a microwave-safe bowl along with some egg whites. Stir up the eggs adding in one tablespoon of water. Then you can whisk together some extra ingredients like salt and pepper or by adding in what you love like cheese or spinach or even some bacon.
Microwave the contents of the bowl for forty-five seconds on high. You can then remove your microwaved eggs and add any more toppings you’d like. You can add ketchup, avocado, salsa really whatever gets you feeling full, healthy and ready for the day of classes and homework you have in front of you. Enjoy this healthy and easy way to make some eggs in the morning!
4. 5 Minute Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
Do you love a good chipotle burrito bowl? Yeah, I do too. But recreating one while you are on the go can be time-consuming and not as quick and simple as you may want it to be. But with this five-minute vegetarian burrito bowl recipe, you can get the ‘chipotle-esque’ burrito bowl meal made easy in your dorm.
You can find all these great ingredients for the burrito bowl at trader joes or the grocery store.
- Microwaveable brown rice
- Black beans
- Salsa of your choice
- One tablespoon greek yogurt
- One tablespoon shredded cheese of your choice
- Prepare the brown rice according to the microwave instructions
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the brown rice, black beans, salsa, plain greek yogurt, and shredded cheese. Microwave on high for thirty to sixty seconds or until the ingredients are all heated fully through.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and top off with some ingredients like salsa, avocado slices, diced tomato, guacamole, pico de gallo, or any other toppings you think would go best with your vegetarian burrito bowl like some veggies.
Enjoy this delicious take on a chipotle burrito bowl! It’ll be fun to make, easy with a microwave and help to also keep you full and spend less money on going out to get food. That way you can save money and time on the food you make and eat.
5. Easy Microwave Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potato is healthy and delicious but can be difficult to make in a dorm. That is why this easy microwave sweet potato chips will save your money, time and health! Here is what you’ll need and how to make them:
- Cooking spray
- One sweet potato, thinly sliced and divided
- One teaspoon thinly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit a microwave-safe plate.
- coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- arrange the sweet potato slices around the plate, evenly dispersed. You can then sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly as well.
- microwave for four minutes checking for crispness. Continue to cook at thirty-second intervals until the sweet potato is done and crisp.
Which one of these easy and healthy college meals will you be trying when you are in a hurry for nutritious food? Let us know!
Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142567144439375054/
Just a girl with a passion for fitness, fashion, beauty, and food.