There has always been somewhat of a difficulty between trying to decipher when someone is being vain or being self-confident. Depending on the person, vainness can sometimes easily be masked as self-confidence. And being vain, is never an attractive trait to have. A lot of times though, people love to categorize their vainness as simply them being self-confident, which is them also further proving how they are vain. There are however, a few key differences in a person being vain versus a person being self-confident. It is vital to know the differences between being vain and self confident.
When it comes to a person being a vain, the obvious signs are ….
- Obsessed with their physical looks and talents
- Always needs to be the center of attention in some form or fashion
- Is the definition of being narcissistic and egotistical
- Worships the number of likes they get on a selfie
- Constantly finds ways to talk about themselves
Now, when it comes to a person that is self-confident, the signs are ….
- Believes in themselves in humble ways
- Never feels the need to be the center of attention
- While motivating themselves to be better and do better, they motivate others in the process
- Always trusts in their abilities especially when those around them doesn’t
- Never allows the opinions of others to make them feel less or different about themselves
These are just a few of the key differences that I feel can help in deciding between someone who is being vain versus someone who is being self-confident. If you are dealing with or around someone who is exhibiting vain signs, but yet they call it self-confidence, call them out on it! And if you yourself are vain, STOP BEING SO cause as I stated previously, being vain is not an attractive trait to have! Adapt true self-confidence because that is a trait we all should possess! It is important to know the differences between being vain and self confident.
Which of the differences between being vain and self confident do you agree with? Let us know below.
Featured Image: weheartit
Kennisha is currently studying at Southern New Hampshire University to obtain her bachelors in Creative Writing. She is an avid lover of art and poetry. Her favorite word is "create" because she feels the word "represents the endless possibilities and marvelous creations the mind can conjure".