Fall means cool weather and cozy nights, hopefully with a nice warm drink in your hand as you relax by a toasty fire. It’s nice to have some comforting fall drink recipes on hand so you can be prepared on those nights (or mornings) you’d like to sip something warm and tasty!
That’s why I’ve put together this helpful list of some of the best fall drink recipes you should try. Enjoy!
Homemade Hot Apple Cider
The first of our fall drink recipes is a classic and comforting cider – hot apple cider! You need to try this delicious recipe by A Sweet Pea Chef. You’ll be making it every night this fall after you’ve tried it once! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tsp Whole Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Cups Unsweetened Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- Optional: Pure Maple Syrup (for desired sweetness)
Click here to follow along with this tasty homemade hot apple cider recipe.
Perfect Pot Of English Tea With Milk & Sugar
Next up is one of my personal favorite teas to drink during the fall! This recipe from Lavender and Lovage will warm your soul as you sip this tea while relaxing by the warm fire or enjoying your delicious fall breakfast.
If you’re drinking this tea at night you can opt to get a decaf tea, but if you’re going to have it when you wake up, then the caffeine will give you a little extra boost for your day! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 Tsp Loose Tea (like Assam, Darjeeling, English Breakfast, Orange Pekoe, Earl Grey, or Ceylon tea)
- Freshly Drawn Water
- Granulated Sugar or White Sugar Cubes
- Optional: Lemon Slices
Click here to follow along with this wonderful recipe.
S’mores Hot Chocolate
There’s nothing like a cup of toasty hot coco to warm you up on a chilly autumn night! But what about s’mores hot coco? That combines hot chocolate with an amazing treat you get to make during the fall as well! Here’s what you’ll need to make this to-die for cup of s’mores hot coco:
- 2 Cups Milk (any kind will work, dairy free for vegan hot coco)
- 1 Cup Water (or substitute more milk)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Light Chocolate Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Non-Bitter Stevia (or add 1-2 tbsp more sugar, to taste)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Graham Crackers (of your choice, crushed for rim)
- 1/2 Cup Marshmallows (ensure that they’re vegan friendly)
Click here to follow along with this awesome recipe by Minimalist Baker!
Apple Cider Hot Toddy
Next up on our list of fall drink recipes is a nice warm cocktail to help you relax on a particularly chilly evening. This is also great if you’re starting to feel a bit under the weather with the change in temperature that the fall season brings! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Ounce Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 Ounce Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 6 Ounces Hot Apple Cider or Hot Apple Tea
Click here to follow along with this delicious recipe from Rhubarbarians!
Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte
If you’re one of us out there who loves pumpkin spiced lattes, then this final stop on our list of fall drink recipes is for you.
Diethood.com created this amazing recipe that tastes just like the Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte, but you can do it yourself with ingredients you probably have in your kitchen cabinet during the fall season! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Cup Milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/4 Tsp Pumpkin-Pie Spice
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Shots of Espresso or 1 Cup of Hot Brewed Strong Coffee
- Sugar (to taste)
- Whipped Cream
- Nutmeg (to garnish)
Click here to follow along with this delicious recipe.