There are so many great date ideas near Arizona State University that won’t break the bank. If you’re looking for cheap and fun dates, we have you covered.
1. Walk to Tempe Town Lake and have a picnic or rent a boat
You can rent a boat from here.
To get there: Walk down Mill Ave passing hippie gypsy on your right (see the website above for address of boat rentals if needed)
2. Go out to eat at the Tempe Marketplace
The Tempe Marketplace offers a ton of restaurants and shops.
Located: 2000 E. Rio Salado Pkwy. Tempe, AZ 85281
3. Rock climb at the Phoenix rock gym
Seek adventure here.
Located: 1353 E. University Dr. Tempe, AZ 85281
4. Explore and hike Papago Park to sit in the hole in the rock
Start your exploration here.
Located: 625 N Galvin Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85008
5. Explore Mill Ave on a date night and see all the city has to offer
Check out what downtown has to offer here.
Located: north campus past the brickyard area
6. Go to the Big Surf and swim the day away
See what this waterpark is all about here.
Located: 1500 N. McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281
7. Explore Sea Life Arizona and learn about some neat ocean creatures
Discover the aquarium experience here.
Located: Arizona Mills, 5000 S Arizona Mills Cir #145, Tempe, AZ 85282
8. Go bowling at one of the bowling alleys for a classic date that everyone can enjoy
Check out one of the popular alleys here.
Located: 4407 S. Rural Rd.Tempe, AZ 85282
9. Catch the latest flick at the AMC on Mill Ave. They have the comfiest two man reclining couches!
Pick a showtime here.
Located: 730 S Mill Ave, Tempe, AZ 85281
10. Explore Kiwanis Park hand in hand
Look at the amenities the 125 acres has to offer here.
Click here for a map.
Located: 5500 South Mill Avenue Tempe, AZ 85283
11. For those of us 21+ exploring a brewery makes for a great date
Get your drink on here.
Located: 1340 E 8th St #104, Tempe, AZ 85281
12. Go to the Phoenix Zoo and if it is in the winter enjoy the ZooLights festivities at night!
Dates for ZooLights: November 23 – January 8
Check out other upcoming events at the zoo here.
Located: 455 N Galvin Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85008
13. You can explore the Tempe History Museum with your sweet and learn a bit about history as you learn more about each other
Explore Tempe’s past here.
Located: 809 E. Southern Ave. (Near rural next to Tempe Public Library)
14. If you both like the outdoors and golfing then hitting up the golf course right near ASU is a sure fire
Book your tee times here.
Located: 1125 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281
15. Go to The Arboretum at Arizona State University!
This is our favorite place to go! It is full of beautiful trees and plants and has a nice landscape with stone seating everywhere. The gates close at sunset.
Located: Behind Wells Fargo arena next to the large open parking lot in north campus.
Do you have any other date ideas near Arizona State University? Share in the comments below!
Featured image source: tumblr.com
A Junior at Arizona State University Tempe Campus Pursuing a degree in Geological Sciences. She loves to hike, paint, and explore new places.