Exercising for a summer body may be hard sometimes, especially after maybe slacking off in winter. But don’t worry here are a few outdoor workouts you can do in spring that will get you your summer body!
Apart from being an efficient form of transportation, this is also an amazing workout. By cycling, you can burn from 500 – 900 calories. Some of the areas you tone include legs, upper body, butt, and abs.
A few ideas to make cycling fun:
- Going through paths you might not even know, nothing fun than getting to know new paths while working out.
- Syncing the pace of you riding to your music. There are many playlists in Spotify that are specialized for working out to the number of beats. This makes this an intense workout, and super fun.
This is a super fun way of working out to play with a good amount of friends. In average you burn around 200 calories per hour. Some of the areas you workout include quadriceps, shoulder, and hips.
A few ways to make Volleyball fun:
- Go with friends! The best way to have fun is to play beach volleyball with a group of friends. Apart from sweating and working out, you get to tan and also bond with friends.
- You can play games, as this will make it both interactive and fun with your friends. A few games include hot potato.
Paddleboard is one that people may not consider a workout of how fun it is. This workout burns 300 – 400 calories per hour. Some areas you workout include legs, triceps, biceps, deltoids, and pectorals.
How to make it fun:
- Get a paddle-buddy and go explore the river you are around. This is not only a great way of working out but it’s incredibly fun!
- Try poses to adjust your balance! This is not only challenging but also super fun! Here you can try yoga poses and test your balance.
This is a great teamwork activity surrounded by amazing views. An hour of working out burns around 400 calories per hour. Some of the many areas you workout includes your legs (calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes), torso (obliques, pecs, upper back), and arms (triceps, deltoids).
How to make it fun:
- Challenging your friends, this competition will apart from giving you a great workout will help you bond closer with your friends.
- Doing this outdoors as you will be able to enjoy the views. Nothing better than working out in nature and just enjoy the surrounding while being in sync with your team.
5. Running or Walking
This one is one of the most traditional ways of getting in shape. You can burn around 800 calories per hour and 200 calories walking. Some of the areas you can work out from running includes legs, glutes, and core. Most people give running/ walking a bad name, yet it can be super fun.
Here are a few ways you can do it:
- Run with a friend nothing better than going with a buddy as this will motivate you to run better and at a constant pace.
- Try intervals based on a playlist. So you can walk in one song, the next one you lightly jog, and the next one you sprint.
- Pick a new path. This will make it interesting running in an area you haven’t been around, and will take away the anxiety of wondering how much further you have to run.