Graduation, the ending and simultaneously, the beginning of a chapter in your life. I honestly can’t wait until I graduate college. I remember my high school graduation like it was yesterday, even though it was 9 whole years ago. Here are 10 graduation quotes that perfectly sum up getting that diploma.
1. “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” —Nora Ephron
Now that you’ve got your education, take everything you’ve learned and lead a life you’ve always wanted.
2. “The only thing you can do in this life is pursue your passions, celebrate your bloopers, and never stop following your fear.” —Grace Helbig
Grace Helbig is completely right. You should take pride in your mistakes because your mistakes prepare you for your inevitable success.
3. “Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.” —Michael Josephson
Take this time to realize how far you’ve come and be proud of yourself. Although sometimes the journey might not be easy, you have to enjoy all the good moments that come along with it.
4. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” —Babe Ruth
Failing really sucks. It’s is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. So instead of not pursuing your dreams because of the inevitable, you have to grow up and just do it.
5. “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” —Ellen DeGeneres
You will fail, there’s no way around it. Everyone fails at some point, but you will succeed as well. Failure is important because you learn valuable lessons that will ultimately help you succeed.
6. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” —Henry David Thoreau
Follow your dreams with confidence. If you’ve always imagined a life full of happiness, then live that life. You deserve it.
7. “Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life.” —John Wooden
Out of all the graduation quotes, this one is my favorite. I used to slave away at my job, come home, and repeat. I know, cash rules everything around us. We need money to survive and how do we get money? Working! What this quote is trying to say is we weren’t put on this earth just to work our lives away. In Layman’s terms, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
8. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” —Milton Berle
This is definitely true for creatives. After we graduate, there is no guaranteed job out there for us. It is our job to create opportunities for ourselves. It is not easy, but it is very possible.
9. “The tassel’s worth the hassle.” —Anonymous
The hassle of school is actually pretty terrible. Stress, pressure, it’s a lot to handle at such a young age. However, once they call your name and you walk across the stage, switching your tassel from one side to the other, it will all be worth it.
10. “Life is an improvisation. You have no idea what’s going to happen next and you are mostly just making things up as you go along.” —Stephen Colbert
As far as graduation quotes go, this one is very true. Life is an unexpected rollercoaster ride. Your best bet is to fasten your seatbelt and hang on.