These fall treat ideas will have you falling in love with autumn flavors and aromas all over again! It’s that time of year to enjoy pumpkin picking and apple pies! Jump into these treat ideas that will get you excited for all the fun activities you’ve been waiting for since the end of last fall!
1. Caramel Apple Dippers
Quick, easy and absolutely delicious! Get ready for the easiest fall treat you’ll be making all year!
- You’ll need Marzetti’s Old Fashioned Caramel Dip for dipping.
- Use a melon baller to create small balls from the crunchy and sweet apples you choose. If you don’t have a melon baller buy green grapes and freeze them overnight to use as dippers the next day!
- Dip the small apple balls in lemon juice to keep them fresh for the hours you won’t be snacking.
- Make a tiny hole in the apples using something like chopsticks or a fork and put in stick pretzels.
- You’re ready for this quick and delicious fall treat!
2. Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
This treat is not only vegan and gluten-free but also real easy to make! All you’ll need are two fuji apples, pecans, popsicle sticks, 1 cup of caramels, 3 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1 tsp of coconut oil!
- start by slicing up your apples.
- Use the same knife you used to cut up the apples to make a hole in the bottom of the apple slices and put in your popsicle sticks.
- Melt your semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl with the coconut oil.
- Dip the apple slices in the melted chocolate and place on your parchment paper.
- Drizzle the melted caramels and sprinkle the pecans on top of the slices. Afterward,
- place them in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once they’re frozen and cooled, you’ll be ready to enjoy this great fall treat!
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
These vegetarian pumpkin cheesecake swirl muffins will get all your fall senses tingling! Not only are they cute to look at, but they’ll taste amazing too! You’ll need 1tsp of Ginger, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 1/2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon ground, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 1/3 cups white sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin/ cupcake tin with liners.
- mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil.
- add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and mix together until no flour streaks remain.
- combine the cream cheese, 1/2 egg, and sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- portion out the pumpkin batter into the 12 muffin cups filling each one about 2/3 of a way full.
- Add one tsp of the cheesecake batter to the top of the muffin mixture. Then use a toothpick to mix in the cheesecake to the pumpkin batter.
- Bake the muffins at 350 for 20 minutes until each muffin passes the toothpick test!
- allow the muffins to cool before serving! But once they’re ready, enjoy!
4. Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Waffles are great morning treats and now you can make them a great fall morning treat! You’ll need 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 15 oz pure pumpkin puree, 2 eggs (separated), 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice extract, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Now that you have all your ingredients, it’s time to prepare this delicious morning treat!
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil, both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin spice extract and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until fully combined.
- In another bowl mix the egg whites until they are nice and fluffy.
- gently fold the eggs into the batter. When it’s all ready scoop 3/4 of the batter into the waffle iron to cook.
- Pour on some syrup or butter and cinnamon and you’re ready to taste this delicious fall treat!
5. Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip
Apple fries with caramel pecan dulce de leche cream dip is going to really get your sweet tooth! It takes a new twist on the apple and caramel combination that is possibly less messy and a whole lot of delicious.
- You can choose pink lady or fuji apples as your pick for apple fries. These types of apples will brown up nicely and taste great with the dip.
- 4 cups water
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 can dulce de leche
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- Pour the four cups of water into a bowl with the sliced up lemon. Throw in your sliced up apples. This will keep the apples from getting browned and going bad. Once all the apples are sliced up in the water, you can remove them and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In another bowl whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup of flour. Once that is done, put the sliced apples and the flour mixture in a ziploc bag, shaking well.
- Get out your skillet and put in coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apple slices into the skillet cooking each side of the slices until they are lightly browned. You can then take them out and put them back on a paper towel lined plate to set aside for the moment.
- In another bowl mix together another 1/2 cup of sugar and a half tablespoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the apple slices.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl mix together the cream cheese and dulce de leche heating it up for 25 seconds. Take it out of the microwave and stir until all the lumps are smoothed out. You can then mix in the pecans and cool whip for serving!
- Now you are ready to try out this great homemade version of a caramel apple!
6. Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies
Cookies are a universal love for many and they are easy to bake because of it! These dark chocolate halloween chip cookies will get you prepared for October weather so soon!
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nestle halloween baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini reeses pieces baking candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars and beat for 3-4 minutes, until light. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to the other mixture and mix on low speed, just until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and mini reeses pieces and stir them up so they’re evenly distributed. Gently stir in the 1 3/4 cups of the chips into the cookie batter.
- Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie and shape into balls. Place the prepared balls on the baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake them for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out the cookies from the oven and put extra pieces of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips on the top of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to then cool before eating!
7. Pumpkin French Toast with Whipped Pumpkin Butter
Take this breakfast classic and make it pumpkin flavored with some simple steps!
- heat up either your skillet or griddle to prepare.
- In a rectangular baking dish, mix together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. If you like your french toast sweet then you can add some brown sugar to the mix.
- Dip your choice of bread into the mixture and then place the bread on the skillet or griddle. Cook each side until the toast is golden brown which may be about 2-3 minutes each side.
- serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and whipped pumpkin butter and drizzle on some maple syrup! Easy, delicious and ready for breakfast!
- To make the whipped pumpkin butter however: mix softened butter and beat with a hand mixer for two minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup or honey, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Beat for an additional minute or until the mixture is nice and fluffy again. You can use this pumpkin butter on pretty much everything so enjoy!
8. Chocolate Caramel Marshmallows
Turn your summer marshmallows away from the campfire because fall is right around the corner and it’s time to cool them with some chocolate caramel. This will be a quick and easy treat to pull off so you can get right to dessert!
- Toothpicks or lollipop sticks
- Caramel Bites
- Dark Chocolate melting wafers
- Sea salt, chocolate sea salt, or sprinkles
- Place the toothpicks in each marshmallow on a tray lined with wax paper.
- Melt your caramel according to the packaging directions, let cool slightly, then cover each marshmallow in caramel and let it harden.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate melting wafers according to the package directions, dip each caramel marshmallow in chocolate and add your favorite toppings like sprinkles or sea salt to the outside.
- Let that layer harden and enjoy!
Which fall treat idea do you think you’ll try? Do you have a favorite fall flavor that would pair nicely with one of these treats? Let us know!
Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/198299189822535252/
Just a girl with a passion for fitness, fashion, beauty, and food.