If you want to try funky colors in your hair but are too afraid of the total commitment involved with dying your whole head, colombre is the perfect solution for you. Colombre combines the technique of ombre—a seamless transition from one shade to another, usually from dark to light—and bright colors. This is a very versatile look; you can go bold with a totally full head of color or try a more subtle look with a pop of color at your ends. It is so popular right now, all of your favorite celebrities are trying out this head-turning look!
How to achieve the look:
- First, dry and straighten your hair if it hasn’t been already.
- Next, in order for the color to show up you will need to bleach your hair. Mix together your lightener and apply it onto pieces of your hair and cover them with foil. Here’s a tip: apply the lightener more liberally to sections of hair that surround your face to bring light to these areas.
- Leave the lightener on for about 45 minutes, this time will depend on the brand that you use and their instructions. Once it’s been set in for the proper amount of time, wash it out and dry your hair again.
- After your hair is dry, apply dye in your chosen color to the sections of hair that you just bleached. Leave this color on for 25 minutes or however long your brand advises.
- Wash out the color, dry your hair, and you’re finished! You’ve created an amazing colombre look for your hair!
This new, hot summer hair trend was the brain child of celebrity colorist Danny Moon and Pravana, a professional line of hair colors. The two worked together to create colombre in hopes of creating a look for clients who wanted a brighter and livelier look. With such an array of options for colombre, you’ll easily be able to transition this versatile look into the fall with darker, richer colors!
Do you love this look!? Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @SOCIETY19!
Brittany Cote is a book and makeup enthusiast and full time student. Instead of her mother yelling at her to stop watching TV or get off her phone, Brittany was told to stop reading! When Brittany isn't reading or trying a new makeup look she's either hanging out with her friends, taking a walk outside, or planning her next getaway. After studying abroad Brittany's mission is to help people realize and accept differences.