When I joined the musical theater community I was prepared to be slammed with all the stereotypes that described a “theater nerd”. The moment I stepped into the theater community I found something completely different. Here are 15 signs that you’re involved in musical theater!
1. You sing constantly.
As in, like everyday. There may not even be music playing, but there you are singing a random song at the top of your lungs sounding WONDERFUL might I add.
2. Whenever you wear make up it looks slightly over the top.
Years of having to wear stage make up can do that to a person. It just becomes natural to pack all this make up onto your face and make sure your cheekbones are SHARP.
3. Hearing everyday phrases reminds you of some show or song, and naturally, you HAVE to point that out to the people around you.
4. You instantly harmonize to any song that comes on the radio.
5. You are not afraid to change in front of people.
Quick changes strip any persons shyness away and instead replaces it with a sense of not caring, because if you have 60 seconds to change an entire outfit, you don’t really care whose watching.
6. You’re used to having a horrible sleeping schedule due to tech week and late night rehearsals.
7. You tend to be slightly over dramatic.
Someone says “Don’t cry” and you immediately think of “Don’t Cry for me Argentina” and start sobbing.
8. The girl to guy ratio is always HORRENDOUS.
As in, there are usually 10 girls to every boy.
9. You enjoy listening to sad music that you know will make you cry.
Most musicals have sad pathetic songs that every person will relate to, and a person who partakes in musicals will for sure find a way to relate a song about a stripper in Vietnam to their life.
10. You constantly bring up shows you want to see.
Wether they be on broadway or not you can ramble for hours about you top 10 shows and why you have to see them NOW.
11. You constantly talk about your one dream role where you would do just about ANYTHING to get casted.
12. You have bobby pins scattered ALL OVER THE PLACE.
You literally can’t escape the wrath of bobby pins, they follow you everywhere.
13. Honey and Tea with Lemon.
It’s your go to drink the MOMENT you feel a sore throat approaching.
14. You have a huge collection of musical playbills that you will not let ANYONE touch.
15. Last but not least, you have a large playlist full of broadway songs that you CONSTANTLY listen to on repeat.
Do you have any other signs that you do musical theater!? Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit