I don’t know if you know this, but we’re all in a sticky situation right now. We can’t go to a lot of places, so while you’re inside, why not learn a few recipes?
More specifically, why not learn some Olive Garden recipes? Olive Garden is a pretty tasty, pretty great restaurant, and I bet you’ve been dying to head over to your local Olive Garden, but can’t. Well, I have a solution for you! Why not just cheat the system and make some of these dishes yourself? Seems pretty simple.
Among all the Olive Garden recipes, we have their classic breadsticks, giant stuffed pasta shells, chicken Margherita, and so many other tasty Olive Garden recipes for you to try out at home. I’ll list the ingredients, but the recipe will be linked in the title and photo.
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is a classic among Olive Garden recipes. It’s good, and it’s relatively simple. Here’s the ingredients!
- 3/4 lb fettuccine or penne pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup white wine (I used Ste Chapelle Chardonay ~$6)*
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- S&P to taste
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Parsley or basil for garnish if desired
If you want to experiment with a soup with gnocchi in it, then this Olive Garden recipes with gnocchi is great! By the way, gnocchi are small morsels that can be made with pasta, potatoes, egg, cheese, and a healthy concoction of other things.
Here’s the ingredients!
- 3-4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
Listen…we don’t have to talk about their breadsticks. We all know that Olive Garden’s breadsticks are easily the best in the block. There’s other Olive Garden recipes for their breadsticks, but I think this one’s the best.
Here’s all the ingredients!
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 packet yeast (.75oz – or 1 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp fine sea salt (and a bit extra to sprinkle on top)
- 2 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 4-5 c. bread flour (you can also use All-Purpose flour, but they will turn out denser)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Chicken Scampi is also another classic among the Olive Garden recipes list. It’s pretty great, and absolutely delicious. Here’s the ingredients to make it at home!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium sized red onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Zuppa Toscana is a more unique dish, and there’s a few Olive Garden recipes on it. However, I think it’s best to put it here, mainly to get out of your comfort zone. I might even make it one of these days!
Here’s what you can use to make it!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 large russet potatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (this is optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic from jar
- 2 cups packed in measuring cup kale or 2 cups Swiss chard chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of chicken broth (envelope of chicken bouillon for extra flavor)
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with enough water to make a paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (tempered)
Mozzarella sticks are a pretty easy snack and easily, one of the more delicious appetizers from Olive Garden. Out of all the other Olive Garden recipes, this one for fried mozzarella sticks is one of the best.
Here’s the ingredients!
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks
Have you ever tried the giant cheese stuffed pasta from Olive Garden? It’s pretty good, so here’s some of the ingredients for you to make it yourself in your house!
- 12 jumbo shells
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 227-g pkg cremini mushrooms , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 cup extra-smooth ricotta
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1 796-mL can whole tomatoes , drained well
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
If you want to be a bit different with your Olive Garden recipes, then going with the Grilled Chicken Margherita is the way to go. Have you tried it before?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to less than 1 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Another option is: 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- cracked black pepper
This Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe is a great appetizer! It’s one of the many Olive Garden recipes that I really think you’ll enjoy.
Here’s the ingredients!
- 1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (14 ounce size) artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Do you love dessert? Of course you do, or else you wouldn’t be looking up Olive Garden recipes!
Here’s the ingredients to make Tiramisu!
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Olive Garden recipes are great recipes to get creative and basically learn how to cook. I think so, at least. All of these Olive Garden recipes are really good, and it’s always just really cool to cook something for yourself, especially if you miss Olive Garden and want to eat some Chicken Alfredo again. Happy cooking!
Which dish are you going to follow? Let us know!
Featured Image: X
Hi! My name is Carolina Cisneros, and I am a new intern at Society 19. I’m so glad to have this opportunity! I have an Associates in Studio Art, and I will be heading into university for Cinematic Arts and Technologies. I plan to go into the animation industry, designing characters and bringing more diversity into the world. For now, I’m building my skills. Thank you for reading!