Who doesn’t love and need life hacks? From study hacks to improve your grades, to kitchen hacks that will have you making convenient breakfasts and desserts, there are life hacks for everything. Did you know that listening to instrumental music while studying is motivating? Or that you can use old soda can tabs to double the space in your closet?! Keep reading for 40 life hacks you wish you knew sooner!
1. Keep your textbook open with a pen.
Isn’t losing your page so frustrating? It won’t be anymore. Just have another pen handy for notes!
2. Color code your textbooks.
They’ll be easier to grab out of your bag for class, and you won’t bring the wrong one by mistake!
3. Google translate your essay to have it read back to you.
Reading it out loud to yourself is great, but what if your roommate is sleeping? Just put on your headphones and listen to Google Translate. It’s so helpful.
4. Remember what you wrote down in class.
This process has helped me out so many times, I’ve retained so much more from my lectures.
5. Write longer papers with ease.
Longer papers aren’t intimidating anymore! It’s really a simple formula.
6. Use the snack incentive!
This is my favorite hack, who doesn’t like to snack while they’re studying?
7. Spray an unfamiliar scent when studying.
This may sound weird, but it really works! You associate the scent with when you studied and hence remember more of what you were studying at the time.
8. Listen to instrumental music in the background of recorded lectures.
I’m becoming a fan of instrumentals after trying this hack out! I’ve definitely become more productive.
9. Take notes using different colored pens.
These are the best colored pens for notes. Go get them, you’ll thank me later.
10. Take breaks every 20 minutes.
20 minute intervals are the best when it comes to a study method, just make sure you stick to them!
11. Never lose your schedule again.
During my first week of school, this really helped me to stay organized. You won’t have to fiddle around with your phone, it’s right there on your lock screen!
12. Organize all of your charger wires.
Everyone hates tripping over wires. Use an empty ribbon box to sort them. With so many chargers around, this hack is so helpful.
13. You can also use binder clips to organize the wires around your desk!
Wondering what to do with your extra binder clips? Organize all of the cords around your desk. This will keep them from falling off.
14. Use 3M hooks to store accessories in your dorm closet/storage.
Don’t know where to put your irons or hair dryer? Make use of the storage space in your dorm room with these hooks!
15. Never use the wrong key again.
Trying to remember the right key is always frustrating, use nail polish to color code your keys and you won’t have that problem again.
16. Change the way you fold and organize your t-shirts to save space in your dorm.
This saves so much space, and it prevents wrinkles!
17. Clothespin organizers.
If you like arts and crafts, you’ll enjoy this life hack.
18. Use washi tape to sort your chargers.
You and your friends will never confuse your chargers again!
19. Shower rings with clips will save a ton of space.
This life hack is the best for sorting all of your shower products, while saving space.
20. Tic Tac containers are perfect for pencil shavings and storing small nic nacks.
Wondering what to do with those leftover tic tac containers? Get crafty again and use them to store things like bobby pins.
21. Use can tabs to create a double hanger for your closet!
This is one of the simplest life hacks, yet it’s so effective for saving space. Fit twice as many clothes!
22. Use dryer sheets as an air freshener.
23. Definitely use shower shoes.
You DO NOT want to risk taking a shower in your dorm hall without them.
24. Invest in a laptop lock.
25. Hang photos with washi tape.
Washi tape comes off easily, so no worries about ruining the walls. It also looks so much more creative than a regular frame.
26. Old soda cans are a creative way to store your pens and pencils.
Reuse those spare cans lying around, it’s a great way to store other nic nacks as well.
27. Amplify your cell phone alarm clock by putting it in a cup.
This is also a great way to turn up the music if you’re having friends over at your dorm but don’t have a speaker.
28. Prevent your laptop from overheating by placing it on top of an egg carton!
It’s so simple and much cheaper than buying a laptop stand online.
29. When you’re moving out of your dorm, no need to fold everything!
Trash bags are perfect for keeping all of your clothes together. Use the drawstrings to tie your hangers in place.
30. Heat up two bowls at once in the microwave!
This is the best life hack for those of us who are impatient when it comes to the line at the microwave.
31. Transform a hanger into a paper towel holder.
Don’t know where to store those paper towels, no problem! Use a spare hanger as a holder.
32. Wrap your beer in a damp paper towel and freeze for 15 minutes.
Forgot to put your beer in the fridge and the party is starting soon? Use this life hack!
33. No bowls in the dorm, no problem!
Ran out of bowls? No problem, just use the bag! Literally the easiest of all life hacks.
34. Reheat leftover pizza the right way!
No one likes soggy pizza, if you don’t have an oven in your dorm hall, don’t worry! This is the best way to reheat your leftover pizza.
35. Stack more soda or beer in your fridge using binder clips!
Running out of space in your fridge, this is the life hack for you!
36. Use a Keurig to make ramen.
37. If you don’t have a Keurig, you can use an iron and a coffee pot!
Yes, it may seem crazy, but it works!
38. You can also cook pasta in a coffee pot!
39. Cook scrambled eggs in the microwave.
Need breakfast but you’re in a hurry? You’ll be using this life hack all the time.
40. Who doesn’t enjoy cookies?
Make them quickly but with a fresh baked taste, in the microwave!