During lockdown, we all suddenly have a butt-load of free time. Some of us still have jobs and are considered essential, while others have been laid off, now not knowing what to do with themselves. Why not do something a bit productive like gaining experience while you’re trapped at home?
Here’s 15 ton of internships for different fields that are hiring right now! These internships are from different places around the USA, mainly, so if you’re looking for anything outside of that, please look around Indeed or Linked In.
This comprehensive list will also include a multitude of internships that are paid and unpaid.
If you’ve majored in Analytics or just studied anything math oriented major, then these two internships will definitely work for you. These two internships are analytics based, and required strong math skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Good customer service skills
- Sales Experience
- Ability to follow up
- The desire to learn real estate
- Phone skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- (Not Required) Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong analytical skills
- proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CRM Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, and be able to adapt to company needs
- Must be independent, but also a team player
- Must be comfortable working in a high pressure environment
If you’re more into marketing, or just have a bit more experience with marketing, these two internships are perfect for you. Down below are the requirements!
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program required.
- Familiarities with social media strategies and platforms
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Ability to absorb information quickly and take direction
- (Not required) Content Creation
- Excellent English and communication skills.
- Excel / Google Sheets proficient.
- Basic internet/marketing knowledge and/or experience.
- Can think outside the box and figure out how to improve on systems and processes.
- Not afraid to ask questions, but willing to think of solutions.
- Loves challenges, self-disciplined and has amazing organizational skills.
- (Not Required) SEO or SEM experience.
- (Not Required) Agency experience with client accounts in various industries.
- (Not Required) Background in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications.
- (Not Required) Experience with WordPress, Unbounce, HTML/CSS, Photoshop.
There’s a ton of journalism internships out there on Indeed, but we’re highlighting this one specifically because it’s Sports Journalism, and Digital Content Creation hybrid. It’s one of the cooler internships. You’ve got the beauty of content creation, and the thrill of sports! However, it is unclear on whether you’ll be paid or not so be wary of that.
You know the drill. Requirements down below!
- Self-motivated individuals who are able to communicate their thoughts online.
- People with a passion for football
- (Not Required) Coaching/playing experience
- People who can both create quick articles based on press releases or beat reporting and also come up with unique content topic ideas on their own.
- ( Not Required) Journalism majors/degrees
- Those looking for a crash course in guerrilla internet sports journalism and content creation.
- The ability to edit/proof read the work of others as well as their own work.
- Social media/computer or recording software and hardware knowledge helpful
- The ability to listen to constructive criticism/direction without taking things personally
- Ability to meet deadlines
Medic! Medic! We need a medic here! We’ve got a person with a dire need of paid medical internships to increase their skill set, STAT!
Joking aside, this medical internship is paid, so if you get accepted, it’ll definitely help in the income department. We all need a little money in life. ‘Tis is the life of a citizen living in capitalism.
Anyways, here’s the requirements!
- Needs to be available at these times
Tuesday 9/8: 1:30-6
Wednesday 9/9: 7:30-12 & 2-6
Thursday 9/10: 1:30-6
Friday 9/11: 7:30-12:00
- Needs to be available at these times
- You need to train a few hours with the head rehab technician
5. Graphic Design
Do you know how to work in Graphic Design? Are Adobe Illustrator, MediBang Paint, or any other graphic design program always running? Then these two graphic designer internships are gonna catch your eye.
- Familiarity with Graphic Arts as used in an Office such as for Presentations, and for light video editing using software like Camtasia.
- Light general office including updating of certain posts
- Help with sending info to clients via apps and posting videos to YouTube and Facebook
- (Not Required) Knowledge of YouTube is a plus, along with learning how to use seo, keywords tags
- Understanding of creating content like [original poster’s] material, and helping post it.
- Have knowledge of apps, social media (IG, FB, YT etc.)
- Ability to speak Spanish or Polish
- Internship takes 20-25 hours per week.
- Strong design skills reflected in a current portfolio of school assignments.
- Working knowledge (at least 2-3 semesters) of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal) and organization skills.
- Develop and execute design concepts for Uline’s catalogs, corporate print collateral and direct mail pieces through creative solutions and visual storytelling
- Honor Uline’s brand standards, yet still bring fresh ideas to the table
- Pre-press work on all print materials; attention to detail is imperative
- Work both individually and in a team environment when given project goals and creative guidelines
If music is your jam, and you’re thinking about getting into the industry, applying to music internships is a good idea. We’re highlighting this one for you to get you started!
Avakas Conservatory is looking for a scholastic music intern.
Internship will give experience in music education, production, publishing, and performance.
This is a non-paid scholastic internship.
Applicants must have experience in reading music and have taken college-level music courses.
Internship will last 2-4 months (or 200 hours), 12-15/hours week.
Fashion! Fashion sounds like a really fun medium to have internships in. So here’s one so you can flex your creativity!
- Pattern Making
- Cut and Sew
- Running errands throughout the Garment District
- Work alongside the designer to assist with any design needs
- The location is in Downtown Los Angeles
- You’ll get an opportunity to network with successful creatives
- You’ll work directly in the Fashion District
- Assist on design projects for clients
- Work as a team and build long lasting relationships
8. Public Relations
Ooh, Public Relations. If you’ve majored in this, good! This internship is good for you.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet target
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups
- Must have outstanding writing skills
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches
The entertainment industry is another notoriously hard industry to get into, so here’s an internship to help you out!
- Write news content that informs and engrosses users and keeps them coming back
- Develop skills in digital news gathering, attribution and writing
- Find and attract users who are engaged by our content
- Contribute to a team that is gaining national attention for digital innovation
- You must have excellent writing skills
- You must have video editing experience
- A passion for news and online journalism
- An active social media presence
This isn’t exactly an industry or a job category per say, but these three internships are great, especially right now. They’re remote internship, so this definitely works out if you can’t relocate or move anywhere long term.
- Interest in TV and awareness of current media landscape
- Understanding and knowledge of the A24 brand and A24 current series
- Strong reading and writing skills, experience writing coverage and evaluating material a plus
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Scheduling and phone coverage a plus but not required
- Humble, diligent, resourceful
- Pursuing a BS/BA in marketing or graphic design,
- Excellent communication and writing skills (experience writing blogs/articles is a big plus)
- Strong attention to detail, having an eye for clean, crisp design, and extremely organized.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback and embrace change.
- A desire to grow and learn in a very fast-moving startup
- Ability to be self-motivating and take initiative
- Part-Time Fall Internship: 3-4 days a week / 15-20 hours a week
- Remote work-from-home internship
- Candidate seeking a career in journalism, writing, or research preferred.
- Extensive understanding of and interest in political campaigns and U.S. politics a must.
- Should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Interns would need to be available during the week for this internship.
There you have it! Here’s a ton of internships in ten different fields, minus the remote one. There’s a ton of variety here, and these are all great for building your skills during quarantine! Some are paid, some are not; we suggest you check out all the linked internships for yourself. Happy experience-gaining!
Which internships peaked your interest? What’s a field that you really want to get into? Comment down below and let us know!
Featured Image: https://unsplash.com/photos/DUmFLtMeAbQ
Hi! My name is Carolina Cisneros, and I am a new intern at Society 19. I’m so glad to have this opportunity! I have an Associates in Studio Art, and I will be heading into university for Cinematic Arts and Technologies. I plan to go into the animation industry, designing characters and bringing more diversity into the world. For now, I’m building my skills. Thank you for reading!