Finding original Halloween drinks for your Halloween bash is hard, but totally worth it. Having one or two themed cocktails at your costume party is the perfect way to make the holiday about adults, too! Serve up these spooky Halloween drinks and get the festivities going!
1. The Mad Scientist
If you want a dramatic cocktail, this Halloween drink incorporates dry ice for a smoky, ominous effect. Combining orange and black raspberry flavors, the drink will take on a dark purple hue that is equally spooky and delicious. The dry ice burns for about five minutes, so you will have to make them as needed or else the full effect will not be there.
- 1/2 ounce Blue Curacao
- 3/4 ounce Chambord
- 1 ounce vodka
- Equal parts Cranberry Juice and Lemon Lime Soda
- Dry ice
- Mix your first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker with regular ice. Strain into your glass Fill glass with equal parts Cranberry Juice and Lemon-Lime Soda. Add dry ice just before serving.
2. The Purple People Eater
Halloween drinks should be fun and creative, like this one! Give your cups a sugar rim and if you’re feeling extra festive, use purple sugar. Then combine all of the ingredients for another deep purple, super Halloween drink. Incorporate a black and orange straw and you have the perfect Halloween drink that follows the color scheme. All you need to do is combine and enjoy.
- simple syrup, optional–can use water or juice instead
- 1 1/2 part vodka
- 1 part blue curacao
- 1 part sweet and sour mix
- 1 part grenadine
- 1 part cranberry juice, can also use cran-grape or grape juice
3. Spooky Skulls
Some Halloween drinks are more about the presentation than the actual flavoring, like this one. Get some skull-shaped glasses and create a rim that looks like dripping blood by combining red food dye with some sugar and corn syrup. Then, combine a few ingredients to create an ominous-looking, deep red drink (food dye again) that has a spicy, warm flavoring due to Captain Morgan and almond liquor. All you need to do is combine:
- 1 1/2 oz black spiced rum I used Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced Rum
- 1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
- 5 oz apple juice
- optional: black food coloring or gel*
4. Green Goblin Cocktail
If you or anyone you know is a whiskey fan, this drink is right up your alley. All you need are mason jars and edible glitter to really get the full effect of this Halloween drink. The green shimmer in the mason jar is ghoulish, and people will simply love the taste just as much. It combines a bunch of different liquors, so expect a very strong ghoulish cocktail.
- 4 – 8oz mason jars or spooky jars (must be sealable)
- 4 oz Curacao, blue (1 oz in each jar)
- 2 oz Irish whiskey (1/2 oz in each jar)
- 4 oz Peach schnapps (1 oz in each jar)
- 2 oz Reposado Tequila (1/2 oz in each jar)
- 16 oz Pineapple juice (split evenly in all jars)
- 4 tsp. silver shimmer dust for cakes
5. Bloody Halloween Cocktail
Short on time and don’t want to go through all the work of picking up tons of ingredients for your Halloween drinks? This two-ingredient blood-curdling cocktail is going to be your go-to party drink. Just pick up some cranberry Sierra Mist and vodka and you have a fizzy drink that gives off a reddish hue. It is spooky enough, but you can add some festive accompaniments to the drink to really give off a Halloween vibe.
- 1 oz vodka
- 4 oz Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist
6. Sparkling Black Widow Drink
For a more refreshing drink with notes of basil and blackberries, this is one of the more elevated Halloween drinks on the menu. Muddle the blackberries and basil leaves together, then add the liquids and juice from the limes. Garnish with blackberries, basil leaf, or a lime for a refreshing drink that has a little bite to it. Adding some edible glitter to the drink will give it a more inviting look, just as the black widow drink should.
- 4 ounces of tequila
- 10 blackberries
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 ounces of simple syrup
- 2 fresh limes
- Sparkling water
- Fresh blackberries and basil leaves for garnish
For a bloody good time, make one of the more basic Halloween drinks on the menu. Muddle some raspberries and then add liquid ingredients for a raspberry-lime flavored martini. Garnish with raspberries on edge or top of the drink. This is another red drink that can be spiced up with little Halloween-themed drink tags, or festive cups and stickers.
- 3 fresh raspberries
- 1½ ounces Smirnoff raspberry vodka
- ½ fresh squeezed lime
- 3-6 raspberries for garnish
8. Candy Corn Cocktail
Candy corn is one of the most popular, or should I say famous, icons of Halloween. If you don’t love it like me, then this may not be your Halloween drink. But, the layered look is just so cute in martini glasses and would totally be Instagram-worthy. Settle grenadine at the bottom of the glass after pouring in the drink mixture and top with whipped cream to give off the look of candy corn, only with a spiked twist.
- 1 ½ oz Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
- 3 oz Sour Mix
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- ½ oz Grenadine
- Whipped cream for topping
9. Bloody Halloween Wine
This is the closest-looking drink to blood I’ve ever seen, so you are sure to spook your guests with this wine cocktail! With only three ingredients, this is bound to be a hit at any party and is also one of the only frozen Halloween drinks on this list. Blend together the three ingredients, and drain the seeds after blending. Although the seeds add a more gory effect, they can be a bit annoying to drink. Garnish with a cute Halloween straw, and enjoy!
- 1 Bag of Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine
- 8 Packets of Sweet’ N Low
10. Witches Brew
Another green cocktail that is sure to be one of your go-to Halloween drinks served from here on out. Serve these little drinks in beakers or wonky-looking glasses to really give off a mad scientist, double, double toil and trouble vibes. This is a take on a Jell-O shot, but you have to break up the lime jello after it is fully prepared. Then, add the Jell-O and liquids into a pitcher, add Sprite when ready to serve. You’ll have a spooky Halloween cocktail that is different than any of the others.
- 6 oz lime jello
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup vodka, chilled
- 16 oz lemon-lime soda, chilled
11. Apple Cider Mimosa
Nothing says fall and Halloween like apple cider. For an adult twist on this fall fave, combine apple cider with champagne for a more refined drink at your party. It also would be a great Halloween brunch drink, and is not difficult to whip up in no time.
- 2 ounces brandy or dark rum
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 8 ounces chilled champagne Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Optional: Apple slices for garnish
To rim the glass:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon pumpkin pie spice is also tasty if you have it on hand
- Additional apple cider
12. Black Magic Shimmering Cocktail
A truly dark take on one of our favorite Halloween drinks, this one is sure to spook any guest! This drink looks scarier than it tastes and has a hint of glitter as all fun drinks should. All you need to do is combine the ingredients and serve over ice for a yummy, cherry-flavored drink. It is so unique that every guest will be shocked you cooked this up.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Black Cherry Juice
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 0.5 Maraschino Cherry Syrup
- Pinch of edible glitter
13. Dracula’s Blood Cocktail
Another bloody drink that takes color from black cherry juice and grenadine. Throw a pair of fake fangs in the drink to really get the theme across and garnish with a cherry after combining ingredients.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce peach schnapps
- 3 ounces black cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
14. Voodoo Punch
This punch is green and incorporates syringes filled with red “blood” that you shoot into the punch. If you garnish it with some purple sugar rim, then you have the perfect Halloween punch for any party. Everyone will love this on-brand drink, and you’ll be the talk of the party! Create the punch by combining:
- 16oz of Ginger Ale
- 8oz of Lime Kool-Aid
- 4 Tbsp. Raspberry Torani syrup
- 1 can of Sprite
Combine Sprite and some raspberry syrup and insert into syringes for the red blood look.
15. Blood Orange Margarita
Blood oranges are the perfect fruit for your next creepy Halloween drink. Their red pulp gives off the same blood-like color that we have been aiming towards this entire list. So, make it into a margarita and garnish with a slice of blood orange and a cute Halloween drink straw. Combine the ingredients and serve over ice for a refreshing marg!
- 2 ounces silver/Blanco tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 1 large blood orange, juiced)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or simple syrup, to taste
- 1 tiny drop of pure vanilla extract (optional)