Ah, Pace University. Located smack in the middle of the NYC concrete jungle, being a Pace University student means that you will encounter and live through (hopefully) many bizarre experiences unique to both NYC and Pace. Whether you’re a freshman, a senior, or even alumni, you probably can relate to most, if not all, scenarios on this list. Here are 10 GIFS that accurately describe what it’s like to be a Pace University student on the NYC campus!
1. Maxing out your commuter meal plan 3 weeks into the semester
BUT HOW?? I HAD LIKE $150 ON IT- oh, right. Seriously though, does Pace really think that $150 is enough to stretch out over an entire semester? REALLY??
2. When you have 10 minutes before class and the pasta line has 20 people in it
Clearly everyone and their mother has decided to hop on to the pasta wave. Can we really blame them though? The pasta station is one of the few edible meals in the caf unless you’re trying to eat chicken tenders and fries everyday (although I do know way too many people who sustained a chicken tender diet their entire freshman year).
3. Coming to school on the day of the Halloween fair and leaving with a goldfish
My goldfish from the 2015 fall fair lived for an entire year before I had to give him away to Petland right before my study abroad semester. RIP Michael Angelo.
4. When you’ve literally never stepped foot onto the Pleasantville campus
I honestly don’t know many NYC campus students who are all too upset about that. But if the commute wasn’t just so obnoxious, then maybe that would change?
5. Trying to smuggle food out of the Caf when no one’s watching
Sneaking food out of the Caf is an Olympic sport. But hey, maybe if commuter meal plans weren’t $150 for an entire semester, we wouldn’t have to resort to illegal activities just so we could grab something to eat!
6. Having Donna swipe your card and break it in half
I honestly thought I was alone in this until I spoke to two other people who’ve also had their IDs broken in half. At this point, it’s safe to say that her aggressive swiping mannerisms have become a trademark of Pace.
7. Running into that one professor you wrote a terrible review of last semester on the anonymous class review sheets and realizing they know exactly who you are
This happened to me once and I thought “wow, that’s strange he doesn’t remember me from last semester.” If there were 5 people in your class, he remembers you, sis. He’s just deliberately ignoring your hello.
8. Never speaking to any of the ‘friends’ you made at orientation ever again
Half of these people I assume just transferred out after the first semester, and the other half I would make occasional eye contact with in the hallway while we both pretended we didn’t know who each other was.
9. Coming to terms with the lack of single, straight guys on campus
Your chances of having a successful dating life at Pace will be slim, if not non-existent. I think it’s safe to say that you should just download Tinder and call it a day.
10. Trying not to get distracted by the disturbing, graphic graffiti on the library desks
Detailed drawings of fellatio, disturbing confessions that none of us wanted to hear…is there anywhere where we can just study in peace??