[video src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BSFKKEOBIaH/?taken-by=jenny.from.the.bl0ck_"][video src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BRIqT9lj0Hn/?taken-by=virginia.tech"][video src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BR6MeJFBgGG/?taken-by=vtbigevent"][video src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BSLpCYelqZo/?taken-by=blacksburgfarmersmkt"][video src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BR06Ufrg05s/?taken-at=110836759"]
As college students we don’t really have the funds to do a lot of things. Luckily there are a number of fun activities to do around our own school. Here are 10 free things to do around Virginia Tech.
1. Go for a hike at the Cascades, McAfee Knob, or any nearby hiking trails. There are so many!
2. Go to a football game (by the lottery) or any other sport games besides basketball
3. Take a walk around Duck Pond
4. Hangout on the Drill field
5. Volunteer for Big Event
6. Go to the Kickoff concert, Virginia Tech students!
7. Browse the Farmers Market, there’s usually free samples and live performances
8. Visit Heritage Park
9. Street Festivals such as the Global Fair or the Summer Solstice Festival