This year is flying by, and before we know it, we’ll be halfway through the year. June is the month that summer truly begins; the temperatures are rising, the sun is shining, and people are finally on vacation and relaxing. One person who should really get to enjoy the season is your father. Father’s Day comes one Sunday in June every year, and it’s a day set aside for loving and cherishing the man who (if you’re fortunate enough) has been there for you since day one. He gets one day a year where the day is all his, and it’s up to you, his beloved children, to give him the best day ever! Here are a few Father’s Day dinner recipes that are sure to fill him up!
1. Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp
What dad doesn’t love a nice juicy steak? Blow his mind with your grilling skills and serve him a steak and some shrimp with this first recipe on this list of delicious Father’s Day dinner recipes! Garlic butter is a lovely flavoring for any meal, and is universally beloved by almost every dad I know, probably because it’s high in saturated (but tasty!) fats. For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves of garlic, or the equivalent of a tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 New York strip steaks (Porterhouse steaks)
- 8 ounces of deveined shrimp, with or without tails
To make this delicious meal for your dad this Father’s Day, follow these instructions:
- Mix the butter, chopped parsley, and garlic and place in the refrigerator.
- Start the grill and set the heat to high. Lightly grease the racks so that your steaks will not get stuck. Brush the steaks with oil as well, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the steaks for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the inside reaches your desired color. The softer and springier the steaks are, the rarer they are. If you’re looking for a more well-done steak, you’ll want a firmer texture. Once you remove them from the grill, cover them in half of your garlic butter mixture and keep on a hot plate, if you can.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, and place on the grill after reducing the heat to medium. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, and flip half-way through. To know they’re done, you’ll want a nice pink color on the outside, and a bright white on the inside of the shrimp.
- Remove from the grill, and toss the shrimp in the other half of the garlic butter. Serve alongside the steak and a vegetable, and enjoy one of these lovely Father’s Day dinner recipes with your pops!
This recipe comes courtesy of CafeDelites.com!
2. Chicken Alfredo
Perhaps your dad is more of a pasta guy than a steak guy. If so, a classic dish like chicken alfredo is a perfect choice when thinking of Father’s Day dinner recipes! Not to mention, it’s a fairly simple one as well! Unless your dad is super picky, he’s sure to love this pile of cheesy pasta and chicken no matter how it comes out! For this recipe you’ll need a few ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of fettuccine
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- fresh parsley garnish
This is perhaps the easiest of the Father’s Day dinner recipes, but it’s sure to be tasty! Follow these simple steps for the perfect meal:
- In a large skillet, coat the bottom with the olive oil, and place over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts on the heated skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the outside is golden and the inside is pure white, with no signs of pink (about 8 minutes on each side). Remove from the heat, wait about ten minutes, and then slice each breast up.
- Add the milk, broth, and minced garlic to the skillet, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer before you add the fettuccine. Once it’s added, stir frequently for 3 minutes. After that, cook until it reaches al dente texture, which should take about 8 minutes.
- Stir in grated parmesan and the heavy cream until well blended. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken. If you’re feeling fancy, garnish with parsley!
The Father’s Day recipe comes courtesy of Delish.com!
3. Healthy Fish & Chips
For the dad who loves the sea, and who needs to watch his weight, there’s the healthy fish and chips recipe! This recipe is another of the fairly easy Father’s Day dinner recipes, and it pleases any dad who could always go for a hearty plate of some tasty fish and chips. For this recipe to go swimmingly, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 1 pound of cod filets, each sliced into 4 smaller square filets
- 1 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- lemon slices (garnish)
- 2 russet potatoes sliced into thin strips (like French fries)
With all of this handy, the recipe is relatively simple if you follow these instructions:
- Mix all of the spices, as well as 1/2 cup of flour in a Ziploc bag. Place each filet into the bag one at a time and seal before coating thoroughly with the mix. Place on a clean, dry plate and repeat with all other filets.
- Take the egg and whisk it in a small dish. Place the other 1/2 cup of flour in a separate small dish. Dip each cod filet into the egg, coat completely, and then place into the flour. Ensure the filet is thoroughly covered, and repeat with each remaining filet.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet at medium heat, and add the filets. Cook the cod until golden brown, which should take about 6 minutes on each side, for a total of 12 minutes.
- For the chips, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Set heat to medium, and once heated, add the potato strips and season with salt. Allow them to cook, stirring and flipping frequently for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
This Father’s Day recipe comes from Ahead of Thyme’s food blog!
4. Sweet & Spicy Baby Back Ribs
This is the longest and perhaps most difficult option on this list of Father’s Day dinner recipes, but it just might be the tastiest. Lots of dads love barbeque, and one of the best things to make is pork ribs! While you can absolutely grill ribs, this particular recipe calls for a nice and slow cook in the oven. This should result in some supremely juicy and tasty ribs, so it’s a great recipe to serve to the family on Father’s Day! For this dinner, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar
- three 1-pound racks of baby back ribs
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
To make this decadent meal, follow these few very important steps:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place the ribs meat side down on a cutting board and get a paring knife. Use the paring knife to separate the membrane from the bones, and remove it from each rack. Afterwards, rub with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper evenly and place bone-side down inside a large roasting pan.
- Take the lager beer and pour into the pan with the ribs. Cover the pan tightly with foil, and allow to roast for about an hour. The meat should pull easily away from the bone when the ribs are done.
- During the hour you’ll have handy, you can make the sauce. First, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for about two minutes, or until the mixture is turning golden. Add the chili powder and wait another minute before adding the Thai sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and one cup of water.
- Allow this sauce mixture to boil and then reduce heat to achieve a simmer. The sauce mixture needs to thicken, which should take upwards of 40 minutes, or so.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and dump out the cooking juices, saving about 1/4 to mix into your sauce. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees, and let it heat up while you rub the cooking juice and sauce mixture all over your baby back ribs. Cook them uncovered for about 35 more minutes, or until golden brown. Once out of the oven, slice them and drizzle any remaining sauce mix over them for extra flavor!
This recipe comes from the Food Network!
Which one of these Father’s Day dinner recipes will you be serving this June? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: https://www.littledayout.com/fathers-day-2020-singapore-delivery-takeaways-special-meal-with-dad/