Missoni sneakers are a cute way to spice up an outfit, and they’re simple and cheap to make. Most of the items you need are lying around the house except for a pair of white canvas sneakers, which can be found super cheap at almost any shoe or clothing store. Check out this guide, taken from Refinery29, that tells you how to make your own Missoni shoes.
- White canvas sneakers
- Manila folder or some other stiff paper
- Fabric markers in whatever colors you want. Markers with thick and thin tips are best.
1. Make a straight line near the edge of the folder.
2. Make a second line about half an inch down from the first line. Once done, make tick marks a half an inch apart on both lines.
3. Create the zig-zag pattern by connecting every other dot on the lines.
4. Cut on the line, so that when you’re done the manila folder will look like it has a set of teeth.
5. Take the laces out of the sneakers.
6. Put the template you just made near the toe of the sneaker. Line it up however you like. Lightly trace the template, so that later when you go over it with marker it will be hidden.
7. Keep repeating, moving the template back, until the whole sneaker has been covered. Try to line up the triangles as best as you can, but don’t worry about the spacing between the lines. It’s good to have some big spaces and some small spaces.
8. Color in the rows, each one a different color. Because the markers may bleed, try coloring in every other line, and after a few minutes to let it dry, go back and color in the white spaces. If you have it, use the thick marker tip to trace the line, and the thin marker tip to color in the space.
9. To make it seem more professional and polished, don’t forget to color the inside rim of the sneaker as well.
10. Check all the nooks and crannies of the sneakers, such as the seams, to make sure there are no white spots where there shouldn’t be.
11. Lace up and go! After you repeat on the second sneaker, you now have an edgy pair of sneakers ready for any occasion.