A warm cup of tea right before bedtime is the perfect thing to help you relax and unwind. I’ve learned that making a hot cup of homemade tea is a fun thing to add to your nighttime routine and just the process of making it helps me to relax after a long day!
Here are 8 delicious tea recipes that you can make before you go to bed tonight. Enjoy!
1. Cinnamon Star Anise Tea With Honey
The first of our delicious tea recipes is one of my favorites! I’ve been making this tea almost every night and it really helps me to relax right before bed.
The star anise has many health benefits like aiding in digestion and helping you feel better if you’re a little under the weather. The cinnamon adds an amazing flavor and the honey will soothe your soul! Here’s what you’ll need for 1 mug of tea:
- 3 Star Anise
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Decaf Black Tea Bag
- Fill a medium pot with 1, 1/2 mugs full of water!
- Honey to taste
- Bring the water to a boil with the star anise and cinnamon stick in it.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat, add your bag of decaf black tea, and cover it with lid for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the black tea bag and then pour into your mug.
- You can add the star anise and cinnamon in your mug for cute decorations.
- Add honey to taste for a little extra sweetness and enjoy!
2. Relaxing Rose Petal Tea
Rose petal tea has many benefits and it tastes and smells amazing. Rose petals contain lots of great antioxidants and they can even help to calm your anxiety and increase your mood!
Just having a warm cup of tea in your hands increases my mood and this rose petal tea is sure to do the same for you. Here’s what you’ll need for 2 servings:
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Dried Rose Petals
- Raw Honey (to taste)
Click here to follow along with the instructions on how to make this relaxing rose petal tea.
3. Lemongrass Tea
This lemongrass tea is also one of my favorite hot tea recipes! This is a great tea to make if you’re feeling a little under the weather or just want a nice pick-me-up. Lemongrass has so many amazing health benefits and it will really help you to relax after a long day. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Roughly Chopped Lemongrass Stalks
- Honey (to taste)
- Boil water and lemongrass stalks in a saucepan for about 5 minutes.
- Bring to a simmer for about 5 more minutes and then strain.
- Pour into your mug, add honey to taste, and enjoy!
4. Honey Lemon Tea
Honey lemon tea is a classic and simple recipe that I’m sure lot’s of us know; the recipe is in the name! This tea is so soothing and the lemon is great for detoxifying your body. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Organic Lemon (lemons depending on how many mugs you’re going to make and how lemony you like it to taste)
- Honey (to taste)
- Boiling Water
- Boil hot water.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon into your mug (about half a larger or medium sized lemon for one mug).
- Pour in the hot water.
- Add honey to taste and enjoy!
5. Brown Sugar Milk Tea
Next on our list of tea recipes is for those of us who may like a little creamier tea, similar to a latte! This tea is delicious and it’s a perfect treat to add into your nighttime routine. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Brown Sugar (to taste or about 1 tsp)
- 2 Bags Black Assam Tea (decaf since it’s before bedtime)
- 1/4 Cup Half & Half
The delicious black Assam tea in this recipe will taste amazing with the brown sugar, and when you add the creamy half & half it will be like a warm tea latte! Click here for the instructions and enjoy.
6. Calming Lavender Tea
Lavender is known to calm your soul and the smell of it will make you think you’re in a relaxing spa! That’s why it’s the perfect ingredient to add to any of the hot tea recipes.
This recipe is delicious and it really helps you to unwind and relax after a long day. It’s also a great tea to make to show yourself a little extra love! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Tbsp Culinary Lavender Buds
- 8 Cups Boiling Water
- Honey (to taste)
- Optional: Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
Click here to follow along with the instructions!
7. Chamomile Flower Tea
Chamomile tea is a classic tea to make when choosing a hot tea for bedtime. This tea is a little fresher than your regular chamomile tea bags because the recipe uses fresh chamomile flowers! Here’s what you’ll need for 1 serving:
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Chamomile Flowers
- 1 Small, Fresh Sprig of Mint
- 8 Oz Boiling Water
Click here to follow along with the instructions for this fresh nighttime tea.
8. Chamomile Lavender Tea
The last of our hot tea recipes combines two of the most relaxing ingredients. The calming chamomile mixed with the de-stressing lavender will make the perfect cup of hot tea to help you get a great nights sleep! Here’s what you’ll need for 1 serving:
- 1 Tsp Lavender Buds
- 1 Tsp Chamomile Buds
- 8 Oz Hot Water
Click here to follow along with the instructions for this dreamy chamomile lavender tea.