Did you grow up practically living in your dance studio? Hours of blood, sweat, and tears put in everyday for that one fleeting moment under the flashing lights. Ask any dancer, none of us would trade any of that for the world. Here are 15 ways to tell that you grew up as a competition dancer!
1. You own a dream duffel.
Probably in hot pink.
2. You only know how to do stage makeup
Trying to do regular makeup is a real struggle.
3. You looked forward to 3 day competitions so you could miss school Friday.
But explaining to the teachers you are leaving school early for a dance competition never went over well.
4. You are a pro at putting on fake eyelashes.
Yet would never choose to wear them on a regular basis.
5. You have billions of rhinestone costumes in your closet.
Oh, and don’t forget the matching headpieces
6. Staying overnight at hotels were the best.
It was like a mini-vacation with your best friends.
7. You are able to express pretty much any emotion.
Sad to sassy, you name it.
8. You traveled every other weekend.
Of course, with the best jams to get pumped up.
9. Everyone strived for that platinum.
And the biggest trophy to add to the collection.
10. Prayer circles before hitting the stage.
Always to the Dance Gods for pointed feet and straight knees.
11. Spending all your Saturdays at the dance studio for rehearsal.
Arrive at the studio in the dark morning, leave when in the dark night.
12. You are a pro at quick changes.
Give me 20 seconds.
13. You practically live at your dance studio.
Always walking in with your backpack, lunchbox, dance bag, school textbook, and don’t forget the coffee.
14. Watching livestreams on your “off” weekends.
Pretending you are there, admiring the talent from a small laptop screen.
15. Thanks to dance, you’ll always have a 2nd family.
They will always be there for you and are practically your siblings.
Do you have any other signs you grew up as a competition dancer!? Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit