Criminal Minds is one of my favourite TV shows because I love the characters’ personalities and their strong relationships, the psychological twists and cases, and the inspiring Criminal Minds quotes. With the show ending soon, I’m sad to see it finish.
Here are 10 of my favourite Criminal Minds quotes.
1. ‘Try again, fail again. Fail better.’ – Samuel Beckett (S1 E01: Extreme Aggressor)
We often view failure as a bad thing, so I love how this quote turns failure into a positive thing. If we make ‘failing’ the goal instead of ‘succeeding,’ then it turns it into a positive challenge. It’s fun and inspiring and makes us work harder.
2. ‘In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.’ – Abraham Lincoln (S1 E15: Unfinished Business)
Live every day to its fullest and make the most out of each day. It’s not the years you’re going to remember; it’s the moments—the times you had fun and laughed and pushed yourself out of your comfort zone.
3. ‘Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.’ – Helen Keller (S2 E05: Aftermath)
No matter what obstacles you face, you have the strength to overcome them. They can teach you valuable lessons, and they will make you into a stronger person if you let yourself have control over them, instead of letting them have control over you.
4. ‘Some of the best lessons are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom of the future.’ – Dale Turner (S2 E10: Lessons Learned)
The important thing about the past is not to get stuck in it and remain there. Take a look back at the mistakes you made and realise why you made them and how you can try and get a more successful result next time.
5. ‘In order to learn the most important lessons of life, one must each day surmount a fear.’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson (Gideon) (S2 E10: Lessons Learned)
Facing our fears is important because it helps us grow as a person and learn what we are capable of, what we can overcome. It gives us the strength to overcome all the obstacles we will face in the future.
6. ‘The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.’ – Ben Okri (S3 E15: A Higher Power)
Sometimes we forget that we’re all unique. We’re all creative in our own way, learn life lessons at different times and overcome obstacles at our own pace. We shouldn’t compare ourselves to others because we’re all on different journeys.
7. ‘Things do not change. We change.’ – Henry David Thoreau (S7 09: Self-fulfilling Prophecy)
This is a simple and straight to the point reminder. We often believe everything around us changes, but it doesn’t. We’re the ones who change because we learn from our mistakes and grow and view things differently.
8. ‘Fear is met and destroyed with courage.’ – John F. Bell (JJ) (S7 E23: Hit)
The only way to overcome fear is to be courageous and face it head-on. Don’t let fear dictate your life and stop you from doing the things you love. Know that you are stronger than your fear, and you will be even stronger after you face it.
9. ‘If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.’ – Benjamin Franklin (S9 E07: Gatekeeper)
Passion and reason work hand in hand. It’s great to have passion, but it’s even better to be able to control and lead that passion to achieve a goal. It’s when passion and reason are combined that you become unstoppable.
10. ‘Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.’ – Martin Luther (S13 E06: The Bunker)
This quote can be interpreted in many different ways. I think it means you should believe you will be alive for another day, so keep striving towards your goals. But you should also be aware that you might not be around for another day, so don’t forget to live in the present.
What are your favourite inspiring Criminal Minds quotes I’ve included? What are your favourite inspiring Criminal Minds quotes I haven’t included? Do you have a favourite Criminal Minds quote that isn’t inspiring?
Featured Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Julie is currently studying s Bachelor of Arts (Professional and Creative Writing) at Deakin University in Australia. She's a hardcover book and journal collector, she owns way too many planners, and she keeps telling herself that one day she will go to Paris.