Read this if you are interested in seeing all of the relatable experiences that Central Michigan students encounter on a daily basis. You know you go to Central Michigan University when:
1. Yelling “Fire Up Chips!” at random times is totally normal.
If you hear someone yell “Fire Up!” and you don’t respond, they’ll get offended (not really it just becomes awkward).
2. Walking across campus for better food in the winter tundra is so worth it.
My roommates and I would walk from North campus all the way to East just for their French fries, no matter the weather!
3. Going out on a Tuesday is the norm.
Pints! Pints! Pints! Pints!
4. Your eyes naturally roll when a non-Chippewa refers to us as a alcoholics.
So, you’re telling us that we are the ONLY college that drinks??
5. Anytime someone mentions Western you throw up in your mouth a little.
Buck the Froncos, nuff said.
6. Western Weekend was the most lit weekend of your life.
They might beat us in football, but we still party better!
7. One party on Main Street is enough.
Depending on how much you like to party, one party on Main St. will either give you an adrenaline rush or PTSD.
8. It’s hard to put together an outfit that doesn’t say CMU on it.
It makes planning an outfit for a date or an interview 10x harder.
9. You look confused when someone asks where your mascot is at sporting events.
A mascot…wait, do we even have one??