Sure, we’ve all played “Would You Rather,” but how about “Would You Rather” for students at UMNTC? Keep reading for the hardest decisions you will ever have to make with these would you rathers for the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
1. Wait in line for one hour to get into Sally’s on a fun night or get into Burrito Loco instantly but no one is there.
What means more to you: getting in to the bar on a crazy night with all of your friends inside, or being able to booze immediately? Better socializing versus getting drunk faster – tough choice.
2. Have a beer with Goldy or President Kaler
Both have their perks. Drink a cold one with the most popular person on campus and get to know what mascot life is like, or talk to the guy who is in charge of everything at the university, including another possible tuition hike!
3. Have a creepy 624-Walk escort or a creepy Gopher Chauffer driver when you’re in it alone.
Neither choice is fun, but would you rather be walking with a creep or have a creep driving you around? Spending personal time walking with a weirdo would be awful, but so is having a strange person behind the wheel of a car that could take you anywhere. Yikes.
4. Fall off of the treadmill at the rec or fall while biking on the West Bank Bridge
Either way, public humiliation is inevitable. The question is, would you rather be embarrassed in front of potentially hot people at the gym or totally wipe out at the most heavily trafficked place on campus with hundreds of people watching?
5. Go streaking through the Mall Area or skinny dip in the fountain outside of McNamara.
Because you want to have crazy college stories to tell the grandkids, you have to do one. The Mall Area might have the potential for people to see you since it’s a wide open area, but the McNamara involves possibly cold water, also dunking your body super awkwardly considering it’s probably one foot deep.
6. Eat pasta Thursday late night at the dining hall or happy hour sushi at Haiku.
Arguably two of the best dining options you will find on campus. Happy hour at Haiku is incredible, with drink deals and being able to get a sushi roll for $3. However, reliving late night dinner at Centen is nostalgic and delicious. What better way to get a good base made up of carbs before you go out Thursday night?
7. Live in T-Hall where it’s loud from partying and you get no homework done and can’t sleep or live in Bailey where it’s peaceful but make no friends.
The most classic college dilemma. Fun or responsibility? Socializing or sleep?
8. Wear gopheralls to class for a week or wear Goldy’s tail to class for a week.
Either one is a bit strange. Which gopher pride clothing article would you rather rock for a week straight?
9. Relive Welcome Week and party every night for a week straight with no responsibilities or have every weekend all year be game day.
Welcome Week and game day are two of the best parts of being a gopher. Both include the necessities: not worrying about school, hanging out with friends, being completely irresponsible.
10. Live in a gross house in Dinkytown that’s falling apart or live in 17th as an upperclassman and be surrounded by freshman.
What is more important to you – the rule-free environment of living in a house with your friends, or experiencing the luxury that is 17th, dining hall included?