Carry ons have so many limitations. What do you pack that fits, can get through security and you don’t need to go shopping when you get there? We did the reseqarch so you don’t have to. Here is What to Pack in Your Carry On so You Don’t Need Anything Else.
Toiletries are tricky to get past security and still use them on your trip. The trick here is to get little things that have little liquid.
- Dehydrated Toothpaste
- Tooth Brush
- Misciar Face Wipes
- Solid Deodorant
- Dental floss (can be used for so much)
- Sample size of your favorite makeup and perfume
- Hair comb (smaller than brush and better for your hair)
- Hot Hair tool, or USB tiny hot hair tool
- travel Sized Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, 2-in-1 or 3-in1.
- Travel sized lotion that works on face and body.
All of these things should fit in a gallon bag or probably less. Try to get your favorites in a sample size at Sephora or DIY and get small containers and put your product in them.
When packing in a carry on think versatility. You don’t need 6 dress, 4 hats, and 9 pairs of heels. You do need things that photograph well, fit well, and are easily transformed into day or night looks.
- 1 Pair of nice shoes, not super high that are easy to walk in and match everything.
- 1 Pair of everyday/ walking shoes.
- 3 Bottoms or Less, think jeans, shorts or skirts that match EVERYTHING.
- 5 Tops that are basics and weather appropriate (stick to a color palette).
- 2 Complete outfits (like a romper or dress) that you could wear doing almost anything.
- 1 Nice outfit preferably lightweight material and wrinkle resistant.
- 1 Big Bag, like a big purse or backpack.
- 1 Small Bag, like a small cross body or clutch.
- 2 Pairs of earrings.
- 1 Necklace.
- 2 other accessories that could be worn anywhere and are small. (flip-flops, gloves, hat, scarf, etc.)
- Socks enough for the days you are there plus two (only if you bring shoes that need socks)
- 1 0r 2 Sweaters depending on the weather.
- Underwear enough for the days you are there plus two.
This section will take up the most room so try to think lightweight materials that can be layered if you need to.
Most people tend to overpack with technology. You don’t need a Kindle, iPad, laptop and phone. With today’s technology, you can get all of the functions in a few pieces.
- Extra Battery and/or Adaptor.
- Sim Card (if needed overseas).
These are all depending on weather and location. If you are going to the beach you probably need different things than when you go to the snowy mountains.
- Towel, if you are going to the beach then this should be a large shawl towel that is lightweight. If you are going somewhere landlocked a hand towel is as big as you need, trust us.
- Wet wipes (for so many things).
- Currency for where you’re going (not needed just nice to have).
- 1 weather appropriate jacket that will go with everything.
- 1 or 2 Swimsuits if applicable.
- Travel Size Sunscreen (if needed).
- Empty water bottle.
- Passport/ID or anything identification to get to and from where you are going.
All these things should fit in your carry on. To save even more room wear your bulky stuff on the plane and keep the extra space for what you buy when you get there. Also putting things in pockets of clothes or inside a water bottle saves space more than you realize.