Going grocery shopping is much more of a boring chore than it is anything remotely fun. In fact, most of us find ourselves dreading having to go at the end of every week or two. Even though grocery shopping in and of itself is normally a bore, there are some things you can do to liven up the experience so it isn’t as dreadful. Here are 10 ways for you to make your Walmart trip more enjoyable!
1. Get snacks from the deli and eat them while you shop.
Walmart almost always has cups of popcorn chicken and shrimp ready at the deli (or sometimes in heaters at the front of the store). These things are DELICIOUS and will prevent you from shopping while hungry.
2. Call a friend while you shop.
Chances are if Walmart trips are already boring for you then you know what you need to get like the back of your hand. So, call a friend and get updated on the latest gossip while you pick up your goods.
3. Try on some cute clothes.
Trying on cute clothes almost always helps to bring some excitement to shopping.
4. Envision the awesome food creations you can make with what you’re buying.
Buy a box of cake mix? Don’t just make a boring cake, but think outside the… box. The possibilities are endless!
5. Bring a friend and race to the finish line.
If you have a friend who also needs to grocery shop, go at the same time and see who finishes first!
6. Play the “alphabet” game with your kids, a friend, or alone.
A lot of us played this game as kids on road trips. Find a word that starts with the letter “A,” then you can move on to “B,” then “C,” and so on until you’ve reached the end (good luck with “X” though)!
7. Time yourself and try to beat your own record.
Your list is probably about the same length each week, so time yourself every time you go and see if you can beat your own record!
8. See how tall you can stack items in your buggy.
Cans, bags, boxes, stack it all and see how tall you can get it!
9. See how long you can walk around without the stack falling over.
One you have a tall stack, see how long you can walk around while keeping the stack in-tact! Try not to bump into anything (or anyone)!
10. Visit aisles that you normally don’t walk into, and plan some decor ideas!
You probably don’t visit the decor aisles during your Walmart trip that often. Give yourself something to look forward to by taking a peek at some of the cute decorations they have, and plan where you can put them in your own home!