For everyone, not just college students, finding peace of mind and learning to love yourself can be challenging. Between busy schedules, other people’s expectations and life obligations, it’s hard to take a breath and just live in each moment. Bella, a student at Minnesota State University Mankato, gives her tips on how she finds peace in life and lives life mindfully everyday.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCEMc6lKSuk]
1. Take care of your body. When you feel good physically, it trickles into every part of your being. Take care of your body and your mind will take care of itself.
2. Manage your work-life balance. This is probably one of the hardest things people try to do. Between work, classes, family, friends, it can be difficult to give equal attention to each one. [Read 5 Tips for Successful Work-Life Balance]
3. Limit time on social media. If social media represents anything, it definitely isn’t peace. Studies have shown that too much time on social media has negative effects on your mind. Instead of scrolling through the newsfeeds on your small screens, occupy your time in life some other way.
4. Part ways with negative people. Ever hear the phrase, “you are who you surround yourself with?” There definitely is some truth to that. When you have negative people in your life, you can get dragged down with them and that will bring anything but peace in your life.
5. Stimulate your mind. Go back to number 3. Reading doesn’t include Grace’s status update about how she went to the grocery store and the prices are just simply outrageous. Open a book or start writing in a journal – something that will make you think.